replacement headlight bulbs question

:
Mazda 6s
i gotta question about the headlight bulbs... a friend has a subaru WRX and changed his bulbs to a 70 watt i think i forgot what wattage.. but the 70watt bulbs melted his wires... i was wondering if there are ne percautions i should take when purchacing replacement bulbs.. espically the xenon ones i want.. im tired of the yellow hue of the stock ones...

I've heard a couple of stories about that happening to Proteges. The best bet is probably to stick with 55w lights. Silverstars are nice, or if you want to spend the money HID kits are available. :)

koo.. yeah cuz my other car..i bought sum optx 70watts and after a couple days.. the left headlight turned yellow.. iono y... it looks kinda weird... but i think i will go w/ the 55w silverstars...my friend has the hook up at bestbuy so thats y i bought the optx... 10 bucks... shooot... but iono bout them having silverstars or sum good 55w

There was a huge batch of bad silverstars in 2003. About 20 local Mazda6 members bought and swapped them in...only to have virtally every single bulb fail within a 1-3 month span of time :(.

Latest posts

Back