GT Spec rear strut bar INSTALLED w/pics finally!!

me likey.

there's link in the "how to" page he posted that goes to the site where he purchased it.

i'd like to get their whole set-up...if my wife would just let me spend more money on my car.

that is freakin HAWT. Id get it, but I dont wanna go chopping up the interior, PERIOD(shrug)

Believe it or not I cant remember how much I paid because I got a package price for buying a bunch of parts. I thinks it was $145.

Very nice work, very clean. Was the handling notably improved? Do you think this mod helps handling more than springs would? Thanks again, and great work, great write up as well.

For those who want to buy all the GT Spec parts corksport.com sells them...there are new parts coming out all the time too...if i had the money they'd be on my car thats for sure. (yippy)

I don't know if this helps MORE than springs but you notice the stiffness right away!!! I doing coilovers next, then on to rear linkage and swya bars.

aceP5 said:
Very nice work, very clean. Was the handling notably improved? Do you think this mod helps handling more than springs would? Thanks again, and great work, great write up as well.

O hear what you are saying about cutting holes (it seems that a lot ov people feel this way). there just doesn't seem to be a way to get to the strut towers without cutting...so for now we have to cut.

- cable
Bijou-MP5 said:
looks very nice. I just don't like that you have to cut holes...

cable43 said:
O hear what you are saying about cutting holes (it seems that a lot ov people feel this way). there just doesn't seem to be a way to get to the strut towers without cutting...so for now we have to cut.

- cable
yeah I think that if you get those two circular covers then you can look totally stock if you remove the bar. if someone asks then just be like:
"they're for... err, umm... easy adjustment of your struts/coilovers" :D

if you dont want to cut the panels then why not just leave them out and if you ever sell the car put them back in. if you are worried about appearance w/o the panels you obviously dont care about appearance to begin w/ because you cut holes in the panels....its kinda a double edged sword.

nice work! one addition that would "finish" the edge of the cuts is a black rubber paneling edge....it can be cut/trimmed to go around the rough edge of the holes and give it a real custom/clean look!

Back