I drove, I like, I'm buying (Drove a WRX right after)

eMKay

And I have also owned a chipped A4, sure the Protege is not as fast as either, but it handles better than both. I was NOT impressed with the WRX, power all in the wrong places, you rev to redline and shift into 2nd and nothing, boost gone. I am an experienced autocrosser and I couldn't drive this car for s***. My A4 would have been able to surprise one off the line and probably hang on long enough for me to hit my flashers :) Anyway the dealers first offer was $1700 down $285 a month for 48 or $340 for 36 with the same down. I can't believe I'm buying a non-German car.

I can't believe I'm buying a non-German car

I can. I drove a ton of cars, japanese, german and american before buying the Pro5. I have to say that those Volkswagens are some of the most overpriced, overrated boxes on the road. The Golf GTI rattled and jittered, shifted like s*** and only had a turbo to redeem itself. Still wouldn't pay 21,000 plus for a car half the size as my Mazda. You're getting a car that comes with alot (if buying loaded) for less than the base model price of most European cars. And you can't beat Japanese engineering, not that Germans are slouches in that department. Americans on the other hand... ;)

yeah...WRX is definetely not an AutoX car...
it begs to slide around corner..not hug..
which is why its a rally car...
even BOZZ speed or other japanese companies cant get rid of its habits to slide and fish through corners in manic order..

I have to say though, driving my friends WRX with about 270-300hp (vishnu stage 1) is freaking awesome. its a rush...

well I will tell you I love VW's....but NONE of the stuff they make today....

I will take a good ol' aircooled bug or Karman Giha anyday....and I know how to build them tough too.....make them handle...and kick some V-8 butt in a hurry.

As for present day german automobiles....well....the ones I like and consider worth having....were WAY outside the price range of the P-5....and I love my little yellow slot car!!

(stash)

Sir Nuke, I plan on purchasing pretty much your exact config. Yellow, roof, polished wheels, and ABS/side airbags (2003)

As for present day german automobiles....well....the ones I like and consider worth having....were WAY outside the price range of the P-5....and I love my little yellow slot car!!

Actually, the new Mini is German-designed, is a blast to drive and is in the price range of the P5.

gene in cincinnati said:

Actually, the new Mini is German-designed, is a blast to drive and is in the price range of the P5.

Actually I was considering a Cooper S! I loved it, but it's a bit too impractical. Having drove both I can say the P5 actually handsles almost as well!

Back