Auxiliary input along with Sirius tuner

MikeyG_U2

I'm trying to find a way to get an auxiliary input to my head unit, I want to listen to music off my iPod. I have Sirius and the notes on the tuner specifically say that the kenwood aux input (ca-c1aux) will not work on the changer pass-through on the Sirius tuner.

I have an iTrip FM transmitter for the iPod, but it doesn't sound as clean as I'd like, plus finding a clear channel around Chicago is impossible (we're saturated with FM channels).

So with that in mind, has anyone come up with an easy way of adding an aux input to a system that already has the Sirius satellite stuff installed? Or am I S.O.L.?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Yes, the pass-through is for a normal CD changer. I have a lead on something that may work, I'm checking into it now, I'll post more info if it seems viable...

I've come up pretty dry. The only option I've found is the Icelink which costs over $150 and won't work with my classic iPod until July. I was hoping for something cheap. Anyone else have an idea?

MikeyG_U2 said:
I've come up pretty dry. The only option I've found is the Icelink which costs over $150 and won't work with my classic iPod until July. I was hoping for something cheap. Anyone else have an idea?

I tried plugging my iPod into the audio out jacks on the Sirius reciever and it played the iPod music along with the Sirius music, so I am ordering the part from Crutchfield that goes into the back of the HU, and I'm gonna try plugging that into the slave jack on the Sirius tuner and seeing what that does. I guess if nothing else I will end up unhooking the Sirius radio to use the iPod that I have paid so much money for! But I would really like to enjoy the best of both worlds, I will update when I have more info...

Well that ended up not working, just as I feared. The aux input adapter did not work with the sirius reciever. I then tried unhooking the sirius line in the back of my HU and plugging it directly into the HU but that did not work for me either, the music would play for a little while, but then shut off, instead if saying aux input, it still said sirius in the menu selection. So I ended up hooking the iPod into my other car (Tiburon V6) and it works great. If I figure anything else out for the Protege I will update again.

Back