door handles....

KzA

:
2001 Yellow Protege Mp3-T
NOw this may sound dumb..but for thelife of me i can't figure out how to take out the silver interior door handles of my mp3..I pulled the handle outward and undid the screw so it would seperate from the door, but i cant figure out how to remove the handle from the tan piece of plastic that holds it to the latching mechanism..any hjelp would be GREATLY appreciated!

Proud new owner of an MP3,

KzA

come on..none of you have ever taken your doorhandles off? I realy need to know how to do this so any help at all would be great! Thanks alot guys

-KzA Out.

well, i tryed, but i failed...i dont have a reason to pry them as of yet...but the back ones eventually go, in favor of some rear speakers,hahaha

I'll help you guys out. Start by unscrewing the handle and pulling it out from the door panel. As you stated you will see a little plastic clip where the actuator rod inserts into the handle. That little clip will rotate 90 deg (ie. while looking at the assembly place finger behind rod on the plastic clip and gently pull towards yourself.) Once this clip rotates you will pull the actuator rod down and out of the hole. I hope this helps. The handle assembly is the same as it was on my 88' 626. The first time I worked with it I kind of figured it out on my own. If you make sure you are gentle with that clip it should pop right off the rod. Happy tinkering.

Matt

LOL...i would help... seeing as how i took my doors completely apart and did the interior myself... but i dont remember which peices were black and which were silver to begin with... are you talking about the actual latch handle that opens the door? or the hand rest/hand hold located next to the window control??

Back