Pull apart dash board/stereo face on Mazda3?

How do I take apart my Mazda3's dash/stereo to get at the wiring behind it? I do not want to damage the plastic by prying at it in different areas. Does anyone know specifically where I need to pry to get it off? I am trying to get at the existing wiring so I can hook up an amp & sub. Luckily on my last car ('03 Tiburon GT) it was a piece of cake to get the face plate off of the stereo. But the Mazda3 seems much harder to get at.

Thanks

if it's like the 6 you have to litertally pull the center console to get to the screws in the bottom of the radio bezel!

Can we stick this? Or move it too a FAQ? It's a great how to... I can't wait to take apart the dash now!!

how didyou hook up the amp to the HU?

krstofer said:
Can we stick this? Or move it too a FAQ? It's a great how to... I can't wait to take apart the dash now!!

how didyou hook up the amp to the HU?
Moved to Mazda3 How-to section

lamp3 said:
All i need to know is which one of the wires to tap for the turn on lead. Any help?

It says what to do in the walk through...

"You need to cut the wires for the speakers and the LOC. Make sure you leave a good 3 of wire from the plug so that if you ever need to reconnect it, you can. The rears from the HU need to be capped off, and the other side of the wire needs to go to a bunch long enough to make it to the rear of the car. I used the fronts to power the LOC, so after cutting them, the wires from the plug go into another set of wires and the other side goes with the rear bunch. In the LOC bunch, I also tapped in a wire for the remote turn on. I used a T-tap for the remote turn on. That wire is Yellow with silver dots. The wires needs to be fished up and out of the way. Best is to start from the bottom of the center console panel and push the wire up. Once up, loom it around like so and zip tie it to keep it in place and out of the way. "

My only question is, What is an "LOC"?

thats for the help man =). oh a LOC is a Line Out Converter. it converts the signal fron speaker wire into an rca.

Hey Can someone add how to remove the center console? I need to get it out to mod the ashtray.

Thanks,
Krs

krstofer said:
Hey Can someone add how to remove the center console? I need to get it out to mod the ashtray.

Thanks,
Krs
Nevermind, I figured it out. I also ran the wires up the middle of the car and under the rear seats. I have some pictures on my website.

Krs

Back