Please reply here ( it's about the sway bar clunking noise)

JcsMP3

OK well I talked to my dealership and I talked to Mazda Canada customer service. Now they don't think they have a problem with that clunking noise from the rear end. Most of you have stated that it's from the rear sway bar.

Now who ever has this problem of noise from the back end please post here as I want to be able to give them some numbers as to how serious this is. I will send them the link so please be as polite as possible.

Thanks

Jc

Constant clunk (and squeek, which I know is somewhat normal for most/all cars) in cold temps over moderate/even small bumps. Sometimes when extremely cold, sound like the back end of the car is going to fall off... :eek:

I am in HOUSTON. Even when the temp is cold in the morning or during midnight...I am still annoyed by that clunk sounds from the rear...Help me!!! I AM IN HOUSTON, not that cold, right? :confused:

I,m from Montreal , Canada. It's pretty cold these day about 15 to 40 degree farenheit and every little bump i take with the car there is that sound from the back of the car , it really starts to tickle me today when i stop the radio. :mad: HELP!

I got the same problem. When it's cold, it's like I'm loosing some parts from the back end. It sound like an old '76 VW!!!

I got only 3000 Km on my MP3. I'll talk to the dealer about that when I'll go for the first oil change! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Im in Toronto and even before the real cold weather the rear was clunking when going over a bump, like into a driveway or a parking lot.....Sounded like the subwoofer was loose in the trunk and when I checked it wasnt...about a little over a month ago it started creaking too....not too happy with this

Well I had my car on the Lift at work on Friday. I took a look at the rear bushings to see if what was said about them being too big was true. well, I hate to bust everyones bubble but I didn't even see so much as a hairline gap between the bar and the bushing. But I may have figured something out for them to check instead. if you ever look at the exhaust line when you're up under the car you'll see what I mean. The resonator(pre-silencer) has like just under an inch of clearance between it and the underside of the car. that might possibly be the thunk that we hear. cuz I've heard the noise also. But check it out.

I also have the clunk and the squeaking problems... I told my dealer about this and I don't know if he was BSing but he told me that the clunking noise was coming from the rear shocks and that Mazda was aware of the problem and trying to find a solution... and I'm still waiting for it... :(

[ 12-18-2001: Message edited by: martroy ]

wel guys i HAD the same problem to. i called the dealership where i bought the car at in houston and they said there was no memo out on it so they said to tack it to my nearest dealership. so i said screw it its under warrenty,why not. problem gone. i told them about the bushings since i had heard it about it on the forum. so they took a look at it ....left/rear stablizer control link retainer nut fell off.....i was like ok ..it just fell off.. :eek: but then i drove off and no noise :D now lets see how long this last...hope this helps.im going to call the region office and let them no of the problem.null

Clunka, clunka, clunka. Yeah, that me for about the first ten miles on a cold day. The car's only got 2k on it and it doesn't sound as if mine is quite as bad as others but, if given the choice, I'd like it fixed. My old man is a serial car buyer (10 Aniv. Miata, S2000, and WRX just this year) and I've never heard such sounds eminating from the donkey-end of any of his vehicles.

[ 12-18-2001: Message edited by: appler ]

i always hear it when i go over a speed bump and i live in austin texas so the weather doesn't play a part on my problem... :mad: :mad: :mad:

Hear the clunk going over speed bumps when its cold ( 40-50 degrees). Also my windshield whistles above 80mph.

I hear the clunk noise whenever I hit a dip or hole in the road. (yes, I do try to avoid the holles!!!) It finally got cold here in North Florida today and I heard the sqeauky sound for the first time. My dealer couldn't recreate the sound or find anything wrong. It is very annoying.

I'm in South Louisiana. Coldest day so far was like 40 degrees Farenheit. Still, I have this problem, even on warmer days. clunk, clunk, squeek. :mad:

I am from Louisiana as well, and I experience the clunk sound over every bump. Sounds like something is loose in the trunk, like the spare tire, but that is not the problem (checked it out TWICE).

I'm in Newfoudnland, and I'm constantly trying to get rid of this clunk in the rear. I too here that Mazda is "not aware" of a problem.

Seems to be there all of the time now. had the bushings replaced once, and it went away for about 4-5 weeks. Then it returned slowly only happening on wet days, now it's there all of the time. My dealership now wants to replace the linkages in the rear.... I'm not sure about this.

Back