Question about bottom intake/grill and license plate

skiprat

:
mazda3, hatch, silver
Hello chaps,

This is only my second ever post here, I'm the proud owner of a 5door, manual, silver. I know nothing about vehicles beyond knowing what I like, and the 3 rules my ass. Had a question though.. is it possible/safe to move the license plate down off the nose of the car? It looks so awkward there, seems it would be a bit cooler looking if it were on that lower grill... which brings me to my second question.. can that lower grill be replaced with anything nicer/less-cheap looking? It doesn't look awful, but I'd like something else on there if possible... where should I look?

Oh yeah one more.. anyone had any door rattling issues? I'm getting a rattle from the drivers door about 50% of driving time... dunno if it's just something contracting and expanding in heat or what.. just know it's coming from the behind my left ear and down slightly when I'm driving...

maybe it's a bizzare new form of tinnitis or however you spell it...!

I have the license plate mounted on the lower grille that you are referring to (I think).

I bent my license plate *ever so slightly* in the middle, so that it would go with the curvature of the nose. I used zip ties to make the "mount".

I definately like that look A LOT more than when I had the plate on a holder up high.....my car is much more aggressive looking from the front.

No door rattles on my end,,, you might want to ket the dealer look at it .. my 1995 Del sol w/ 215,000 miles door and top all rattle i cant stand it ..

Back