A/C acting odd , any others ?

4amStudios

:
2001 Mazda MP3
My wifes' 01' MP3 has an A/C issue of late . On our way last year to Nashville , the air went warm on us . We had it checked at our local dealership while it had 5k left on the warranty and nothing was found wrong , and it hadn't done it since , until now . Well , this past week , the A/C light has been flickering my wife told me . I drove it today and it started and I felt the compressor kicking on and off with the light flicker . The car has 60K and is now out of warranty . I'm just a bit frustrated with the car , as we had warranty issue with the stock Dunlop tires , not long after we bought it , a small knot developed on the sidewall of the rear drivers side tire . My wife babies this car . We where jerked around by all local tire dealerships' because all claimed they weren't authorized dealers , and I contacted Dunlop with little success . The point is , I joined another Mp3 forum back then and other owners had similar "knots" in the sidewalls , this car seems to have quirks Mazda does not want to seem to own up to . We paid $18K cash , and bought the 1st showroom model they had . No one seems to care , or to take care of us . I feel like it's one problem after another with this car . The dealership said they notated in the system our A/C issue , I just hope they will repair the problem , since , it did give us the same mysterious problem this time last year. Are you others having a similar issue ? Also the squeaking of the rear stabilizer bar is becoming very annoying , any way to correct this ?

i just used my AC for the first time this year.. and my light is flickering also. hmm

PaulMP3 said:
i just used my AC for the first time this year.. and my light is flickering also. hmm
Same problem here. been fighting with it for a year and a half. It seems to be more of a problem if the car has been sitting in the sun for a while. If anyone comes up with a solution, please let me know. The dealers I've dealt with are of no help on this issue.

my ac hasn't worked since last nov :(

my light flickers too, but whats the point since no cold air comes out.

I'm printing and taking to my AG's office and filing an a complaint if this is not sorted . This is the first and last Mazda this family ever owns . Sorry to hear of ya'lls trouble also .

Last edited:
dude take it and have the service dept check it
since it was a concern you had with warrenty when it was in warrenty
tell them to help you out
tell them to "dsa" it dealer service assitance.
tell them to check there bullitens i think there is one aon the ac switch
(havac control )
also i had the same trouble with my tires and i had to seek warrenty through
a dunlop dealer. no luck, so screw dunlop. my dealership went and bought me new tires (two andi bought the other two) to help me out...good luck

there is a TSB on the AC fan speed controll... when in the 2nd position it sometimes makes the AC turn off, and blow warm air... mine used to do this, but not anymore...

look up the TSB list... its in there

mine flickers but it doesnt bother me anymore. its just a "characteristic" of my car lol

I just checked mitchel ondemand and couldnt find any TSBs on anything with the a/c light flickering I would check all data too but its not working right now iv never experenced that problem my self. i keep an eye out and see if i can get it to happen to my car

<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="3"> <tbody><tr><td>Make : MAZDA</td> <td>Model : PROTEGE</td> <td>Year : 2001</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">Service Bulletin Num : 0700503</td> <td>Date of Bulletin: NOV 17, 2003</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">NHTSA Item Number: 10005279</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="3">Component: EQUIPMENT:ELECTRICAL:AIR CONDITIONER</td> </tr> <tr><td> <input onclick="openPrintableResults('/cars/problems/RepositoryFiles.cfm?module=TSBS&IfsDocId=10005279');" type="button" name="ifsDocs" class="bttn" value="Document Search" title="Check for the associated documents for this record."> </td></tr> <tr align="left" bgcolor="#ffffcc"> <td colspan="2" class="navSub" nowrap="nowrap"> <input type="checkbox" id="checkbox" name="checkbox" value="10005279" title="Check to Request Research. Submit below."> <label for="checkbox">Check to Request Research. Submit below.</label> </td> <td colspan="1" class="navSub" align="right">Get Summary</td></tr></tbody> </table> this is the TSB for it, check here :http://autopedia.com/html/NHTSAtsb.html

re

I just had my a/c looked at and they said the freon was gone and that the compressor was broken. kind of odd for this to happen to a car thats is just 3 years old.

Back