Compare auto reliability with reliable results at TrueDelta.com!

Compare auto reliability with reliable results at TrueDelta.com!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FS-ZE spec

john....u are definately wrong on that on.....the j-spec is 10:5:1 or it maybe 10:7:1..i believe there are 2 high comp piston sets for our car..our 2.0 4 cyl is only 9:5:1.....glad to help
    !!!!4 THA H8RZ!!!!!!!
    MP3#- 197 of 1500

06 MS6, 98 A4 1.8T Rebuilt

Talking

Our compression ratio is 9:1:1 glad to help.

2005 Mazda6 s

Originally posted by OceanPark:
    There is MP3 in Japan, and it is limited to 100 unit. Instead of MP3, it call Familia. It equiped with the FS-ZE engine, and 4WD. Also with the kenwood player, and racing hart rims(but it is Gold color).
    The Familia is what all Japanese "Proteges" are called over there. Got any pics??? It is also called the 323 still in other countries, such as Australia.

And all-wheel drive is an option on almost all Familias...Sedan and wagon...

Was it even called MP3??

The Sport 20 is considered the ultimate Familia/Protege/323 there is. This year it is going to be both a sedan and wagon...So, I still hold to no Asia spec MP3...

As for coming to the U.S., probably not. The next Protege (4th gen) isn't supposed to be out unitl 2003.

[ 01-15-2002: Message edited by: ChrisS ]
    '05 Mazda6 s ....

"How do you value your what you contribute of to add work force? And, which do you most can't the least?"

Donated: $50

Sorry John, but the gentleman are correct.

The Mazdaspeed pistons will give a 10.7, and the J-spec is the latter, while the FS-DE for the Protege is 9.1.

Later, Rishie

Donated: $50

I say, you shoulda bought a WRX if you're gonna go spending that much all together.

The only way to break even is to sell your motor and ecu to a LX, DX or something and buy the FS-ZE with it's ecu and do it right.

This way you only pay the difference, probably labor.

Rishie

Something I contemplated, but then I'd buy a WRX. I got this for looks and fuel economy. RWD is a true drive by the ass feel, hence the RX7's.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

2005 Mazda6 s

Arrow

Something interesting to note, I found a web-site that had a little conversion thing taking your current compression ratio and horsepower, and then you could type in a new compression ratio and it would tell you what horsepower you would make.

Anyway, if it was accurate, going from 9.1:1 up to 10.5:1 only added about six (6) horsepower. Keep in mind, this was only changing the compression. Everything else would be the same.

Since there is another topic on here questioning the worthiness of the cams, it leads me to believe that the exhaust manifold is the biggest bottle neck in the system. Which we already sort of knew, but seeing as the compression might only add about six, and the cams might only add another ten, that's only 156 or so...Where the hell is the other 14 horsepower at??
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

2002 Mazda Protege5

Quick question on ur reply to a post

I just bought a 02 mp5 w what ive been told fs-ze engine. It also has a custom air box, header and Megan exhaust. What kinda HP do u think it has now?
    Quote Originally Posted by manuel View Post
    fs-ze is the engine that was used in the MP3 manufactured for the asian market. the engine is supposed to exert 180hp rather than the 140hp engine we have. yeah.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12