New Mazda Club

RedSuns!!!!!

actually i think we should start an autox car club, and start hosting autox events ;)

we should get the mazda6 guys involved as well, that way we can have a nice member base to start from :)

Last edited:
see thats the thing if we start a club to do just one thing then we exclude other people that might not want to autox thats why im advocating an open club to have gatherings and meets fun runs and other gatherings like medevil times.

of course a club need to be more flexible than just doing one thing

i'm just saying autox would one thing the club will sponsor

the DC autox council is always looking for clubs to host events, it'll be a great way to get the name out.

which is still up in the air.... RedSuns!!!

sorry but redsuns is too ricey imo :)......me, katie, and eddie are tryin tget a autox togeher with mscw....maybe we can inergrate it??

then it'll be more like joining MSCW instead of starting a new club?

not that i'm against it, heck, i'm a MSCW member anyway lol

i think i know what we want in a club, just need to create an identity

how about the Cork Soakers lol

Last edited:
hw is that gnna happen? u know a better ay t ge all the timing eqiupment and experince at runnin a autox??? cus i dont, i dont see why it cant be a joint venture?-

well, for just doing an autox outright, doing it with MSCW would be a great starting point, a great way to gain experience in how to run an autox event (it takes hard work to run an autox smoothly!)

the DC Autox Council provides the equipments for car clubs that are holding an official Council event, plus the club gets to KEEP the profit of running the Council event after paying the lot fee (I think it's like $1,000 PER EVENT)

i think we're thinking 2 different approaches in autox, you're talking about within-club member autox events, i was talking about doing a Council event along with other local car clubs.

the idea we were thron arond asfor any person to sign up for.....not just us members....either way i like the idea of gettin sn event just for or club...but i dunno if there is anothe o us to make the cost resonable ......i guess we will see though

heeeell yeah, i gotta get in this thread too. :D

Okay, club name has to have "Mazda" in it, so you know what its about just by the name.
Meets, lots of meets, including ones up in MD...you VA ppl can make the trek for the MASS amounts of MD ppl :D and vice verca of course.

Well, not to be a total wanker, but there is an existing Mazda club in the area! The MSCW already hosts 'crosses and scenic drives, and has a email list with several hundred members. They only officially meet once a month, but you could certainly get some participation in meets by posting to the club's list. I've been super-busy lately, so I didn't post to the list about this morning's drive, but we've drawn some particpants in past months, including the current club president, who really is trying to improve the club.

Ok, so the MSCW is mostly older guys. We've been drawing a younger crowd lately, particularly from this board! If that continues, it won't be mostly older guys!

Please don't take this the wrong way, I'm just wondering what you all want from a club that MSCW doesn't have? In fact, feel free to ignore my "come check out the MSCW" suggestion, and let me know why I should come hang out with your club (which I'd like to do anyway 'cause you all are cool people). By the way, if the answer to my "what doesn't it have" question is "us in charge", I can respect that. :D

Im not totally familiar with MSCW, but i was under the impression its mostly Miata and rotary Auto-X heads and not mayn proteges.
Im thinking this club looks to be a universalist club for people who like to show, auto-x, drag race, audiophiles, and everyone who just likes to hang out and talk cars.
I mean, Ive only had my protege for two months so what do I know...this is just how I think I see it :D

Well, like I said about it being mostly old guys, it also doesn't have to be mostly RX's and Miatas! Also, autocross is not their focus, just something that's gaining popularity in the club as folks like me sneak in. ;)

That being said I have to admit that I have a Miata, an RX and a P5, I love to autocross and I'll officially be an old guy in August, so what the hell do I know?

yeah, older and younger crowds can be harder to integrate. For the most part I think all the people I have met associated with ProMazda and the like are Very mature though...not really a big deal on actual age(hey, Im the youngin of the crew so look who's talkin (laugh))
I guess integration into MSCW could be possible, but i dont think thats what most people in this crowd are looking at...But I dunno, Im just post whoring (laugh)

Foolish said:
Please don't take this the wrong way, I'm just wondering what you all want from a club that MSCW doesn't have? In fact, feel free to ignore my "come check out the MSCW" suggestion, and let me know why I should come hang out with your club

Yeah - I back this line of thought. We should start getting more active as part of the already well-respected and well-connected MSCW - they get lift time, discounts, special deals on parts, insurance, spares, stuff, have Auto X setup capability, talk cars as much as you can handle and much more!

Come out to a meeting or two and a few of their events before totally discounting the idea and branching off into YET ANOTHER DC Area Mazda club :) If you still feel the folks already part of MSCW (which now includes many of you msprotege-ians and us 6club/6tech) younger folks, is too close-minded or anything of that sort to not include more activities and meets and events of interest to subsets of the group, then feel free to follow up on setting a new group!

I like the lets-set-up-our-own-council-AutoX idea! :D

Latest posts

Back