Before and After Rebuild

:
MSP
Im confused because before my engine troubles my type S BOV made a loud whoooshh with no turkey and little stalling. Now after the rebuild there is absolutely no whoooshh and a really loud turkey with a lot more stalling. Can anyone help me out here.

GI- said:
Did the vacuum hoses to the BOV get switched?

Yeah, i just checked and the hose was on the wrong nipple. So now i got my whooosh back. But will this make a difference in the way the car runs in anyway?

Sounds to me like the BOV may not be opening. Was it adjusted at all? What you can do to check it is to have the car run, open the hood, stick your hand over the BOV opening, and rev the engine at the TB. If you do not feel air, the BOV is not opening. Could be that the vac line is not connected right, the BOV needs adjustment, or you have a leak somewhere.

To adjust the BOV, turn it all the way to soft, almost until the car stalls, then adjust towards stiff, until it will not open under throttle, but will open when thrittle is let off. :D

boostisgood said:
Sounds to me like the BOV may not be opening. Was it adjusted at all? What you can do to check it is to have the car run, open the hood, stick your hand over the BOV opening, and rev the engine at the TB. If you do not feel air, the BOV is not opening. Could be that the vac line is not connected right, the BOV needs adjustment, or you have a leak somewhere.

To adjust the BOV, turn it all the way to soft, almost until the car stalls, then adjust towards stiff, until it will not open under throttle, but will open when thrittle is let off. :D
Good to see ur alive lol. He man im gonna be givin you a call here next week. I cant find a hex wrench that fits that BOV. does it use some odd size or something? Maybe its just too early in the day still lol.

Emode said:
wow that was quick
so you coming to the meet now? i gotta see that ic!
Yeah i will most likely be there. Ive still got a few more issues to take up with mazda. They ****** up my tranny. It will just pop out of 5th gear while im driving. So this is an ongoing battle. All i know is that this is my first and last mazda. So hopefully i will get to enjoy it at somepoint. (encourage

MazdaSpeeder00 said:
Good to see ur alive lol. He man im gonna be givin you a call here next week. I cant find a hex wrench that fits that BOV. does it use some odd size or something? Maybe its just too early in the day still lol.

7/64th hex key. 2nd Link in my sig has directions and pictures.

TX Speed Demon said:
7/64th hex key. 2nd Link in my sig has directions and pictures.
Thanks man.. Except i had to turn mine *soft* to get it to quite stalling. Maybe i read it wrong but i thought it was the other way.

Ok, so i still notice that my car will not go in first gear. Its all most as if someone is squeezing all airflow off and then when my car hit 5k in first gear they let go and wham.. she takes off. Is this common with fmic kits?

Back