How To: 2.0 Header Installation

sorry to say but it doesnt ******* fit flawless -- i just put it on today and fucker hits the oil pan -- damnit im pissed -- wtf --- (pissed) (argh) :mad: (bang) (gun) (hand)

Captain KRM P5 said:
it fits flawlessly from what I have heard, this car included

hey bones, is your car automatic? what year is it?
i think, not sure, oil pan in the automatics is different and if this is the case and the header doesn't fit an auto, then i can't get mine from a friend. i got auto too, 2002.
let me know, thanks.

wtf? do you have a digital camera? take some pics and post them, i want to see what is up in your case.

the car these install pics are from is an automatic, so the transmission should not be a problem considering the manual takes up less space than the auto trans under the hood.

bones, i sent you a pm back. send some pics to me if you can.

we are talking about oil pan being a problem NOT the transmission. the reason i asked for the tranny type on his car is, again, i was under the impression that the oil pans are different, that is why i was wondering that maybe he had an auto and since maybe the oil pan is different that that is why it was hitting it.

ok guys -- for starters i am sorry for venting and but when i was double checking everything i swore i saw it touching and i am not sure what changed except maybe my eyes but it does not touch -- but it is really damn close ---

i took a large picture so you can see how close -- and yes i drove it and it seems fine so far --

i apolagize to you too captain for venting :) for give me

bonesmp5 said:
ok guys -- for starters i am sorry for venting and but when i was double checking everything i swore i saw it touching and i am not sure what changed except maybe my eyes but it does not touch -- but it is really damn close ---

i took a large picture so you can see how close -- and yes i drove it and it seems fine so far --

no need to apologize :) that piece should also be pretty rigid so even over harsh bumps it won't budge or bang

with all that said and done - how do you like the header?

looks good and hardly adds any noise -- nice and mellow -- as far as performance -- at the moment i dont notice any -- maybe the ecu needs to learn the add-on -- not sure -- but for the price i cant complaine -- it looks nice :)

bonesmp5 said:
looks good and hardly adds any noise -- nice and mellow -- as far as performance -- at the moment i dont notice any -- maybe the ecu needs to learn the add-on -- not sure -- but for the price i cant complaine -- it looks nice :)
do you have an aftermarket exhaust system and/or an intake. my general impression is that you will feel more of a gain with these three in tandem

no heat shield and yes the mil fix :)

hey -- how tight are the bottom spring bolts suppost to be -- the one thing i noticed is i seem to have a little more vibration at idle -- i can feel it in the shifter -- just curious its not bad or anything

bonesmp5 said:

thats it, i am going to kick your butt for getting me concerned for no reason :D
no performance huh? are you planning on dynoing the car?

YellowMP5 said:
thats it, i am going to kick your butt for getting me concerned for no reason :D
no performance huh? are you planning on dynoing the car?
LOL -- sorry -- Dyno -- i haven't thought about it but i could. i live near 2 dynos that i am awhare of -- so depends on how much it costs i might do it :)
after driving it for about 40 miles today -- im not sure if i feel any more pull than before but i do notice a better throttle responce --
and this seems wierd but it seems like my intake got louder -- maybe its just me (shrug)

well if you dyno the car, i am pretty sure, you will be the first one to do so with the obx/forza header. you will get recognition from the entire protege community, we will throw a special parade for you, we will create a special bonesmp5 day and we will carry you on our arms :)

maybe not all of that but there will be a lot of protege owners outthere myself including who would be very greatfull for you. get that puppy dynoed and show us the graphs.

ok guys -- just so you know -- the bolts with the springs at the bottom were a p.i.t.a to get in and when you finally get them in after just a couple turns to make sure its in -- the springs are really tight ?? and i think because they are so tight it causes the rear section to viberate and move around at idle -- it dint do this before the install --- any opinions :)

ps i can also feel it in the shifter and parts of my dash rattle know at idle because its so stiff -- but there is no room to back the springs off i can already feel into the nut on the back side and i dont have but maybe half way -- so its barely in there :(

Oh man, I cant wait till this Friday so I can order header from you fellas! I think I already memorized the instalation directions, lol.

bonesmp5 said:
LOL -- sorry -- Dyno -- i haven't thought about it but i could. i live near 2 dynos that i am awhare of -- so depends on how much it costs i might do it :)
after driving it for about 40 miles today -- im not sure if i feel any more pull than before but i do notice a better throttle responce --
and this seems wierd but it seems like my intake got louder -- maybe its just me (shrug)
(mswerd) the biggest change was throttle response. i noticed it pulls slightly harder, but that could be just be because of the quicker throttle response

Just to let you all know (even though u do already im sure) DO NOT STRIP THE STUD BOLTS!!!!! Very bad things will happen. Trust me i know. I broke my stud bolt in two, and im a scrawney 130 at 5'9"!

Back