How To: 2.0 Header Installation

no, they work. maybe running slow but they work. Nice write up man. sounds good 2. so looks like getting mazdaspeed axleback is the way to go. BTW, are you going to get an Injen CAI?

Cellerator said:
no, they work. maybe running slow but they work. Nice write up man. sounds good 2. so looks like getting mazdaspeed axleback is the way to go. BTW, are you going to get an Injen CAI?

BUGGER, from pic 6 onwards I just get red crosses!!!! (killit)

Nice write up. How much for the header? The protegegarage.com for some reason it dosen't open all the way in my comp. Can anyone post a direct link to the header? Thanks.
Joaquin

anyone have an rubbing issues with this header? i read somewhere someone was having trouble with it rubbing against something?

blakesmith13 said:
anyone have an rubbing issues with this header? i read somewhere someone was having trouble with it rubbing against something?
it fits flawlessly from what I have heard, this car included

rubbing issues are with the ractive one. it touches the oil pan. and as for wiping clean the header, here's some photographic proof of its importance... i didn't wipe mine down, and this is the result:

when i had it on for less than 500 miles
head1.jpg

after more than 1500 miles
header2.jpg

close up:
header1.jpg

This one seems to be missing that famous badge on the top. Is this the same one and they no longer have the badge or is this a different header?

YellowPR5 said:
This one seems to be missing that famous badge on the top. Is this the same one and they no longer have the badge or is this a different header?
i think the one you are talking about is the Forza header with the nameplate on it, mine (OBX) has no name on it.

dosle said:
i think the one you are talking about is the Forza header with the nameplate on it, mine (OBX) has no name on it.
Just went to Captain KRM P5s site (who created this thread) and he shows he is selling the OBX Header and shows a pic with the label on it. I don't know anymore (dunno) Is he just using the Forza pic on his site then?

YellowPR5 said:
Just went to Captain KRM P5s site (who created this thread) and he shows he is selling the OBX Header and shows a pic with the label on it. I don't know anymore (dunno) Is he just using the Forza pic on his site then?
must be the wrong pic then, if you order headers the one you will get will be the one described in this how-to, i am 99% sure!

they are the same header. one of the companies that sells them attaches thier nameplate to them. ours does not come with the plate attached.

Hey Everyone, don't forget, 14-18 ft-lbs on the bolts holding the header to the block. Any more than that can cause some big problems. Oh, and maybe some anti-seeze on the bolt threads before you install them.

Great write up though! I wish I had seen this before I did mine. Word for word all the info you need.

scorch70

Seeing this thread really made me itching for getting one for my MP3, probably pairing with a K&N/Injen CAI, now that my factory warranty is expiring soon. But would want to stay CA emission legal by all means. I am not too knowledgable on headers, so please bare with me for a couple newbie questions:

What does it take to stay CA emission legal for a new header set-up? Would this OBX header fail? And what do you do with the O2 sensors & the engine light?

Thanks.

Back