Paint/Clear Bra

andregt6

:
2003.5 Mazda Speed Proteg
Tonight I notice a small paint chip on the hood. :(

Anyone using that 3M clear bra?

Also can I get touch up paint from the dealership?

Thanks.

A.

you should recieve touch up paint in the mail shortly, its part of mazdas freebies....well atleast i did as well as a few other members.

I had a chip on my hood and got the hood re-painted under warranty. worth a try because the touch up paint sucks....just looked like crap.

slamdp5 said:
I had a chip on my hood and got the hood re-painted under warranty. worth a try because the touch up paint sucks....just looked like crap.
How did you pull that off? The touch up paint does suck, I'd love to get mine repainted, do you know someone at the dealership?
~hy

How did you pull that off? The touch up paint does suck, I'd love to get mine repainted, do you know someone at the dealership?
~hy
Yes!, i agree the touch up paint sucks. Same question, how did u pull that off??

slamdp5 said:
Yeah, who did you have to blow to get THAT done?!

Hmmm not a bad idea but, does it work and how is the maintanence ie waxing, washing....b/c i LOVE to wax my car, i dont want to loose that 'baby's ass' softness....

MSP#735

I've got the 3M stuff sitting at my house right now. Going to put it on this week. As far as maintenance...wash it, wax it, do whatever you do to you car to it.

I wouldn't advise using a solvent for bugs on it though, they should come right off anyway.

If you wax it, you will get a small buildup of wax on the edges of the vinyl, just go out and get one of those really soft toothbrushes for toddlers and run that along the edge...no more wax line!!!

The 3M clear bra is awesome. We just got the newest version of the film and it is way better than before. Let me know if you have any questions about the product. Been installing for years

Getting a bra

Bought some touch up paint the other day.
Its not bad, but not great.

I'm going to try and fill in the valley a little more and then see if I can buff it all smooth.

Then apply some wax to the hood, Saturday its off to the shop to get the 3M bra on. I selected a 6 inch height. I think the 12 is too much.

Back