Cig lighter stopped working

Matthew

Contributor
:
CX9, CX5, i8
Anyone else have a problem with the cig lighter? all the sudden my car charger for my cell phone stopped working. also when you pull something out of the charger it damn near pulls the whole goddamned unit with it...anyone got any suggestions?

make sure the wires in back are still connected, if it is, check fuses, if that doesnt work come back i see if i can figure an idea out.

how do you check the wires in the back? just pull the motherfucker out? hmm guess illbust out the manual to see what damn fuse if the cig lighter.

Matthew said:
Anyone else have a problem with the cig lighter? all the sudden my car charger for my cell phone stopped working. also when you pull something out of the charger it damn near pulls the whole goddamned unit with it...anyone got any suggestions?
Hey Matthew, I had the same problem a few months ago. Plugged a air compressor into my cigarette lighter, had to damn near pull the dash off to get it out, and the lighter quit working. Took it to Mazda, and it was just the fuse needed replacing.

scorch70

I read this thread only because I saw Iconoclast posted. I have to say this was the most disappointing thing you've ever posted.

Iconoclast said:
you sure it aint the charger that is broke?

Mine went out a month or so ago when I had a power inverter plugged into it. I'm pretty sure it was just a blown fuse (heard a weird sound then it stopped working) but the people @ the dealership replaced the whole thing. If you're still under warranty you could get them to fix it.

~brian

eting_pro5 said:
I read this thread only because I saw Iconoclast posted. I have to say this was the most disappointing thing you've ever posted.
Icon makes me giggle too, but:

trolls.jpg

quit jacking my damn thread. yes im sure its not the charger, it works in my 4Runner just fine

Back