2002 roof crossbar guide

shelton

Anyone have a digital copy or link detailing how to install a 2002 set of roof rails? I did a search but didn't see exact instructions, ie: where all the trim pieces go and how the little rectangle brackets fit in place, etc. Thanks!

myndfi3ld said:
So you have the roof rack installed just not the crossbars?
Yes, I had the rack (with crossbars) originally on my car but gave it (the crossbars and hardware) away. The other day I purchased the crossbar assembly to put it back on my car. Not sure if all the parts are there though...I remember more. Like on the back there used to be plates that attached to move the crossbar but I don't see any????

shelton said:
Yes, I had the rack (with crossbars) originally on my car but gave it (the crossbars and hardware) away. The other day I purchased the crossbar assembly to put it back on my car. Not sure if all the parts are there though...I remember more. Like on the back there used to be plates that attached to move the crossbar but I don't see any????
The little sliding pieces are still on my rails, under the plastic covers. The new crossrails and hardware should have included the crossbars, the bolts to mount them, and the plastic covers to make it look nice.

myndfi3ld said:
The little sliding pieces are still on my rails, under the plastic covers. The new crossrails and hardware should have included the crossbars, the bolts to mount them, and the plastic covers to make it look nice.
I bought these from another member, not a dealer so I was not sure if all parts were there...for instance there was only 3 small screws (that seems like an odd number and one rectangle piece. Do you have the instruction sheet? Could you fax it to me or email it or the inventory of parts? thanks!

ok: other than the rails, there are 10 pieces of plastic that you will put on the car after you take the four covers off. 4 big bolts ( 2 with metal washers) 4 narrow screws and four plastic washers (for the big bolts).

EDIT: picture of the hardware attached, sorry about the resolution just wanted to get it up there quickly.

Attachments

• DSC00468.JPG
    DSC00468.JPG
    319.6 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
myndfi3ld said:
ok: other than the rails, there are 10 pieces of plastic that you will put on the car after you take the four covers off. 4 big bolts ( 2 with metal washers) 4 narrow screws and four plastic washers (for the big bolts).

EDIT: picture of the hardware attached, sorry about the resolution just wanted to get it up there quickly.
Ah, this is what I need. The two bolts that had the metal washer on them, did they come off the front or rear bar? Also when attaching the 2 bolts to the front bar did the bar itself lay right against the top of the roof rack rails (metal to metal contact) or was there a spacer/bracket/washer, etc. underneath?
I really appreciate your help with this!
Thanks

shelton said:
Ah, this is what I need. The two bolts that had the metal washer on them, did they come off the front or rear bar? Also when attaching the 2 bolts to the front bar did the bar itself lay right against the top of the roof rack rails (metal to metal contact) or was there a spacer/bracket/washer, etc. underneath?
I really appreciate your help with this!
Thanks
I would assume two of the four thin plastic washers would go between the metal. I don't remember which (front/back) the metal washers went on. hmm

Back