Question about tire size...

Lafi_P5_MSP

:
Protege 5
Ok.. I'm looking at the Konig Glide Wheels and according to the two websites I've looked at it says that my tires (stock, stock wheels as well) will fit the
16X7 5-114.3 40FB Konig Glide Wheels.
Is this true.. Or is the website just mistaken.?
Thanks

-Andy

40FB (Assuming that means 40 offset) would put it too far out; It'd rub on the outside of the wheel well, at least according to Rishie. =)

Lafi_P5_MSP said:
Sorry.. That website doesn't work.. I'd still like some advice on the topic..
I'm running 40mm offset 17/7 ADR Battles on my P5 w/205/40/17s.
No problems of any kind. Car isn't lowered. Yet.

*writes that down, and hmms* I may have a set of Rota Grids in my future, if you aren't having problems, Gino. =) I want to get the Grids in 16x7, 40mm with the 205/45's I have on there now.

if you plan on not lowering, then you should be fine. i had 40 offsets and going in a straight line was fine. with a full load (750 pounds worth of occupants and a 12" sub in the back) and taking any kind of turn, however, RUBBAGE! this was with the modest drop with the eibachs. now i have 42 offsets and only rub when i make tight u-turns with the same load. gonna kick the camber down a notch when i get an alignment.

Lafi_P5_MSP said:
Ok.. I'm looking at the Konig Glide Wheels and according to the two websites I've looked at it says that my tires (stock, stock wheels as well) will fit the
16X7 5-114.3 40FB Konig Glide Wheels.
Is this true.. Or is the website just mistaken.?
Thanks

-Andy

it should fit, but it might look like the rims are wider than the tires. i'd personally go for beefier, like 205's just to protect the rim.

Hmmm I'm not quite sure about all of the number sizes. I was planning on buying an Eibach Prokit. Could anyone reccomend a set of not too exspensive tires to fit those wheels??

-Andy

I'm planning on running Racing Beat springs, but that's a little while off... Hmm... I wonder how much it would cost to get the backs of those wheels machined down to a 45mm offset.

Answer 1; The wheels will fit, but will probably rub on the outside of the fender when you go over a bump, or are lowered.

Answer 2; For the tires, 205/45R16's probably would have the least chance of rubbing, because they are a TINY bit smaller in diameter than the stock 195/50R16's, and they aren't all that wide. I would suggest Yokohama AVS ES100's, as they're cheap, and decent performance tires.

These are both answers based on other information, so your situation may or may not vary.

Back