Why no projector headlights for the protege?

Witchdoktor

Banned
Contributor
:
99 LX
They'd look sick as hell on any style protege. My girl put black projectors on her civic and they look insane. Painting the headlight housing is a sweet mod but projector/halo style is the s***.

Who would buy if a company made them?

DROOOOOOOOL! or am I the only one

6.jpg

Natey said:
melicha8 did a how-to on making your own. :)

Check it:

ProtegeFest%202004%20(74).jpg
not saying those are bad in one bit but the ones on her civic with black housing are even sweeter than a Beemers

racinglab_1790_49038469

Last edited:
Same here. I have seen a few companies that will do it as a custom one off piece but $$$$$$$$ Also they use salvaged parts mainly. I am working on a design for this using hella 90mm projectors. Had a nice long talk with the rep last year at Nopi and tried a few things with angels eyes a while back but really need to practice my fiberglassing and get the shape right. Unfortunately I don't think I could mass produce them. BTW How you been doing Danny????

FuNwaGoN said:
Same here. I have seen a few companies that will do it as a custom one off piece but $$$$$$$$ Also they use salvaged parts mainly. I am working on a design for this using hella 90mm projectors. Had a nice long talk with the rep last year at Nopi and tried a few things with angels eyes a while back but really need to practice my fiberglassing and get the shape right. Unfortunately I don't think I could mass produce them. BTW How you been doing Danny????
I was hoping your angel eye project would go into mass production (nana)

BTW pretty good Brandon :D

Maybe you should start talking to some companies? Make a GI post and give them the link. I would be willing to put a deposit down, and I'm sure others will too.

i love black housing aftermarket civic headlights with projectors. id buy some for the protege in a heartbeat

DaveB said:
Hey Danny,
Those look sweet!!! I'd get them if you can get them made for us.
I was hoping these were gonna be your next project - LOL!

I love these so much I'm thinking of molding in a set. I already sent an email to one company but if more people post I'll look into it further.

GAspeedProtege said:
Maybe you should start talking to some companies? Make a GI post and give them the link. I would be willing to put a deposit down, and I'm sure others will too.
you got PM bro

My design is similar to the one above however my design replaces both the high and low beam with hella units and then using BMW DDE Angels eye rings and lightboxs. I tried to make my own lightboxs but kept running into problems sourcing the parts. My final design would be similiar to the ones you pictured Danny. But since I am jobless right now and have been since Dec. all projects are on hold. I have been practicing my fiberglassing. Even tried some carbon fiber on my own. That is my ultimate plan for the lights. To do them in fiberglass and then wrap them in Carbon Fiber. Real carbon that is no fakes here. I am working on box designs for my speakers and kicks with the same treatment so it made sense for me to learn how to do it but I need to practice and do alot more research. First couple tries were only satisfactory. Sucks that now that I have all the time I want for projects I have no money to attempt them....

FuNwaGoN said:
My design is similar to the one above however my design replaces both the high and low beam with hella units and then using BMW DDE Angels eye rings and lightboxs. I tried to make my own lightboxs but kept running into problems sourcing the parts. My final design would be similiar to the ones you pictured Danny. But since I am jobless right now and have been since Dec. all projects are on hold. I have been practicing my fiberglassing. Even tried some carbon fiber on my own. That is my ultimate plan for the lights. To do them in fiberglass and then wrap them in Carbon Fiber. Real carbon that is no fakes here. I am working on box designs for my speakers and kicks with the same treatment so it made sense for me to learn how to do it but I need to practice and do alot more research. First couple tries were only satisfactory. Sucks that now that I have all the time I want for projects I have no money to attempt them....
Thats a sweet idea! How much heat can fiberglass withstand though?

These headlights were custom made from fiberglass I believe. Fiberglass isn't too expensive. I can see that as a possibility.

Attachments

• red headlights.jpg
    red headlights.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 29,206
Last edited:
And a tribute to Danny...lol

Attachments

• my 200sx angel eyes 2.jpg
    my 200sx angel eyes 2.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 110
Back