NGK spark plugs

jflo

:
03.5 msp
okae, it's been about 3-5K miles since i changed my plugs, and recently, i'm getting a lot of backfire. i'm wondering which plugs i should get, the BKR7Es again or those platinum ones by NGK ZRF11 or something ? i turned down the boost to reduce spiking, but still get to about 9.5 or so...and still get backfire. does the hot weather have anything to do with it ?

Right now I'm using the Denso KJ22CR-L8 and they are awesome. I was using the BKR7E and was getting a lot of hesitation...more than the normal.

Allen-

hmm...those denso plugs seem the right choice...how much did you get them for allen ?

I like the denso iridium IQ20's. IK20's would also work.
No misfires, and smoother than the BKR7e's. Theyre a little expensive but iridiums are the best, and they wont need to be replaced for a long long time.

okae...well, i found out the difference between the two...one of them is japanese industry standard length, and the other is ISO...but they're $11.99 each...which isn't exactly a bargain. but that's what ebay's for right ? i found 4 IK20s for 34.99...+shipping should come out to about 40-45. sparkplugs.com wants 6.85 for shipping ?!?!? damn..

how important is gap when it comes to spark plugs ? the IK20s have a .44" gap, while the KJ22CRL8 have a .032" gap (stock plug gap). and the node on the iridium ik20s would probably break if i gapped them to .032" (and that's a huge difference from .44" to .032")

I def. don't reccomed the NGK ZRF11, I have never had such a lull in the powerband then when I used them (gapped @ .32). I think I will be switching back to the bkr7e's, they seem to habe worked the best for my car. Right know I'm running stock plugs gapped @ .30

im sure he meant .032.

I was told not to worry about the gap on my iridiums, but i'll double check them anyways. :)

Back