Better PCV Valve Solution For Low Boost Applications

What so what the heck PCV valve do I have? I swear mine said KL on it. I ordered it from I think mazdastuff.com.

So I'm going to put the new PCV in, but I was going to run a breather instead of the regular tube for the crankcase ventilation. I've seen quite a few guys doing it, I assume it's ok? I don't want any sludge or anything in my intercooler.

Whoohoo!! Just ordered mine from Tonkin.com for $19.80. Going turbo when I get home so I'm doing everything I can to make it a reliable build. Thanks to Linux and The Man for the great find and info.

Captain KRM P5 said:
the part number should be JE96 13 890 not JE26
i ordered from protege garage, it showed part # JE96 when i ordered...am i getting the right part?

so should i re-route my setup or get the upgrade? right now im running the catch to valve cover (side position, whatever that is, lol) and catch can to intake. id like to keep my catch can though.

YP5 Toronto said:
I ran a "catch" can from the valve cover to the intake... for 3-4 weeks...heavy boosting here and there... and NOTHING came through.

For those of you that have seen the valve cover from the underside...the baffle system in place makes it virtuall IMPOSSIBLE for anything to come through...

TRUST ME... a catch can between the valve cover and the intake is USELESS.

Now...oil blow by from the PCV is a different story... I got a noticable amount with the stock PCV .....but with the new "TheMAN" PCV... there is next to nothing....still a bit... bit not enough to run a catch can.

So... in closing... no catch cans needed...just get the "TheMAN' PCV and you are set.

Attachments

• engine_bay15.JPG
    engine_bay15.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 350
929 92-94 OR Millenia, 2.3L 95-02 both part numbers are the same (JE2613890) are these the same part or do i need one or the other?

MSP#735 said:
so should i re-route my setup or get the upgrade? right now im running the catch to valve cover (side position, whatever that is, lol) and catch can to intake. id like to keep my catch can though.

Ya, i dunno. With this setup your catch can isn't needed, and won't do anything...

Oh well, i have the catch can also, but bought the PCV anyway, will use both...shouldnt be a problem right?

I know YP5 Toronto said that no catch can was needed when using the Millenia PCV valve but that was back in 2004 and I was wondering if anyone using both the valve and a catch can for a longer amount of time now has noticed any oil in the can? Basicly I just got the Millenia PCV valve and put it in but I am still trying to determine if I should still hook my oil catch can up? If not I am going to use it as a coolant catch can. Any updated info or opinions is appreciated

im going to be running this exact set up soon. i fugure, it cant hurt. i mean hell, i already have the catch can, why not use it. just run the two lines coming from the pcv valve it self and the line that the pcv connects to directly to the catch can and use the intake hose and run it to the intake and to the side of the vavle cover (whatever that is called) IF that just made any sense... as shown here:

GhostOne said:
I know YP5 Toronto said that no catch can was needed when using the Millenia PCV valve but that was back in 2004 and I was wondering if anyone using both the valve and a catch can for a longer amount of time now has noticed any oil in the can? Basicly I just got the Millenia PCV valve and put it in but I am still trying to determine if I should still hook my oil catch can up? If not I am going to use it as a coolant catch can. Any updated info or opinions is appreciated

Attachments

• PCV_Catch1.JPG
    PCV_Catch1.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 372
Tzar177 said:
where can i get a catch can like the one above ^^

i really wouldn't call that a catch can...any auto store will have them..fuel filter

Last edited:
MSP#735 said:
im going to be running this exact set up soon. i fugure, it cant hurt. i mean hell, i already have the catch can, why not use it. just run the two lines coming from the pcv valve it self and the line that the pcv connects to directly to the catch can and use the intake hose and run it to the intake and to the side of the vavle cover (whatever that is called) IF that just made any sense... as shown here:

you didn't really read the original post did you? :rolleyes:

was at pep boys today...didnt see anything. did see something similiar in a metal can...but then u wouldnt be able to see any oil

bazooka joe said:
i really wouldn't ca;; that a catch can...any auto store will have them..

Latest posts

Back