Better PCV Valve Solution For Low Boost Applications

Well just an update guys with the PCV valve.
I replaced my PCV valve with the one above and starting using the bigger oil filter and have been running about a month. I noticed imediately that the oil is much cleaner than usual. My oil is usually really dark and dirty, i'm presuming the oil filter is doing a better job than the smaller one. Another important thing I noticed as well is I don't lose as much if any oil, that might be due to the PCV valve.
Overall, the bigger oil filter and PCV valve works great and I recommend it.

Paul - you should order one of these and see how it does with your catch can.

02p5 said:
Well just an update guys with the PCV valve.
I replaced my PCV valve with the one above and starting using the bigger oil filter and have been running about a month. I noticed imediately that the oil is much cleaner than usual. My oil is usually really dark and dirty, i'm presuming the oil filter is doing a better job than the smaller one. Another important thing I noticed as well is I don't lose as much if any oil, that might be due to the PCV valve.
Overall, the bigger oil filter and PCV valve works great and I recommend it.
what type of bigger oil filter are you using? is it napa brand, phram? which one and whats the part number..i may pick one up in the near future

thanks

duMb KeoLa said:
what type of bigger oil filter are you using? is it napa brand, phram? which one and whats the part number..i may pick one up in the near future

thanks
You can use a WRX oil fitler on our cars. I saw MPNick put one on Dinospeeds cr before the dyno. The threads are the same size and the rubber ring is also the same size.

actually I'm using the OEM Mazda one for the Millenia V6 I think. I was reading one of Linux's treads and I'm using an oil cooler with that filter and it fits perfectly. The filter diameter itself is the same but it's about an inch and a half taller which equals more filtration. I just figured that since stock turbo cars such as a WRX and them use bigger filters it might be a good idea for me to use one and best of all there is no price difference between the this one and the one made for the p5.

finally got aroud to ordering this.. should be in friday. I let you know how it works with the catch can still in place.

Bigg Tim said:
You can use a WRX oil fitler on our cars. I saw MPNick put one on Dinospeeds cr before the dyno. The threads are the same size and the rubber ring is also the same size.
interesting... nice find

PaulMP3 said:
interesting... nice find
Yeah, Nick is pretty crafty! I just put it on my car last week and it fits great! The rubber gasket sits nicely on the stock ring area and it is like stock, but bigger. I put in 4 qts and it was up to the full mark on the dipstick.

Bigg Tim said:
Yeah, Nick is pretty crafty! I just put it on my car last week and it fits great! The rubber gasket sits nicely on the stock ring area and it is like stock, but bigger. I put in 4 qts and it was up to the full mark on the dipstick.
i have been using the larger 626 filters for a while, im not sure how they compare to the wrx filter, but they are bigger then the protege filters. I would give the wrx filter a shot, but i just bought 6 filters today.

I recently found out..you can also use the Mazda6 oil filter..it's larger and fits..

Chas

PaulMP3 said:
finally got aroud to ordering this.. should be in friday. I let you know how it works with the catch can still in place.
I'm interested to know what difference it makes. Where is your catch can currently connected? Into the pcv valve or in between the valve cover and intake?

I ran a "catch" can from the valve cover to the intake... for 3-4 weeks...heavy boosting here and there... and NOTHING came through.

For those of you that have seen the valve cover from the underside...the baffle system in place makes it virtuall IMPOSSIBLE for anything to come through...

TRUST ME... a catch can between the valve cover and the intake is USELESS.

Now...oil blow by from the PCV is a different story... I got a noticable amount with the stock PCV .....but with the new "TheMAN" PCV... there is next to nothing....still a bit... bit not enough to run a catch can.

So... in closing... no catch cans needed...just get the "TheMAN' PCV and you are set.

Back