Better PCV Valve Solution For Low Boost Applications

LinuxRacr said:
Those who are registered, did you log in? I got the same thing till I logged in.
What we have to log in? (fu)

:D Just kidding. . .yeah I tried to log in first and still had the same issue. . .not sure what the deal is. . .

Can you summarize the info or cut and paste or can Edwin come on and share?

Edwin is too stubborn to come on this site and share due to past experiences with "fucktards." Also, if I were to cut and paste, our boi would be pissed off.
This is what you need:

The part number for this PCV valve is JE26-13-890 and retails for $20.25
It comes from the 92-95 929 JE-ZE engine and has also been used in the Millenia's KJ-ZEM engine that makes ~14psi of boost. The significance is that it is a direct fit/replacement for the stock piece. You will NOT have to hack up your plastic cover, or remove it to make the valve fit/work. If you are able, pleas get access to read the rest of the thread. Some interesting info there!

Last edited:
Nice, waiting pics. Servoeyes put a fuel filter in line recently and was planning on doing the same. The filter he used looked really nice and neat. This seems like a good option.

touch to see in the picture...but this is how much oil blows by the stock PCV valve in a couple days of driving:

PCV_Catch2.JPG

My upgrade PCV valve is on backorder at my stealership....but I will put this filter thingy back on to compare performance.

I will post pics of my catch can soon.. im gonna leave it in there for a little before i put the new PCV in.. I dumped mine 2 weeks ago since then i have ran through 2 tanks of gas and i have ~3tablespoons of oil.. If you are boosting your protege it wouldnt be a bad idea to get one. After i install my new one, im gonna leave the catch can in to see if i get any blow by at all.

Ok, here are the pictures!!!

This is a very easy install that takes less than 5 minutes (even less for those of you without the plastic valve cover).
PCV3.jpg

PCV2.jpg

Here is the comparison below between the Supercharged Millenia PCV Valve on the left, and the stock Protege PCV Valve on the right:
PCVcomparison3.jpg

PCVcomparison1.jpg

And here it is installed in the stock location. A DIRECT FIT!!!
PCVinstalled1.jpg

PCVinstalled2.jpg

yeah, im thinking of ordering this tommorow, but just wondering how much oil ppl are getting in their catch cans with this PCV valve.

Back