Better PCV Valve Solution For Low Boost Applications

LinuxRacr

Contributor
:
2001 Mazda MP3
I would personally like to thank TheMan for yet another importan info find for the Protege community.

http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7782

I just ordered this PCV Valve, and will pick it up tomorrow. (thumb)

EDIT: Here are the pictures:

This is a very easy install that takes less than 5 minutes (even less for those of you without the plastic valve cover).
PCV3.jpg

PCV2.jpg

Here is the comparison below between the Supercharged Millenia PCV Valve on the left, and the stock Protege PCV Valve on the right:
PCVcomparison3.jpg

PCVcomparison1.jpg

And here it is installed in the stock location. A DIRECT FIT!!!
PCVinstalled1.jpg

PCVinstalled2.jpg

Last edited:
looks nice, tell us how it turns out. Keep up the good work Linux. And don't worry, with all this hard work and guinea pigging you do, you will have the nicest and fastest MP3 out eventually.

SO you gotta get this PCV and a oil catch can like what paulmp3 used? Hook it up Linux and let us know.(thumb)

Ya...TheMAN kicks ass.

Here is an example of what 500KM of driving produces through the PCV (I just did this mod on the weekend).... Next step will be to keep this setup with the new found "TheMAN" PCV to see if/how much oil blows through.

The setup was using a $5 fuel filter....

PCV_Catch1.JPG

PCV_Catch2.JPG

In the turbo Fords this has been tried. After some time the filter did get clogged. We run more boost in them then the Protege. So we cget more crankcase pressure. The paper filter is not good in oil. I can make a small breather with a drain if someone want to try it out. It would stop most of the oil from going into the intake tubing.

Thanks again

Later.......Nick

Just to expand my product knowledge What does PCV stand for and what is its purpose? I think after knowing more about why we have then I can understand the need for a solution like these.

aftershock63 said:
Just to expand my product knowledge What does PCV stand for and what is its purpose? I think after knowing more about why we have then I can understand the need for a solution like these.
PCV = Positive Crankcase Ventilation

I did register, and I get this:

"You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation. "
What is the title of the thread? I'll do a search.

Doesn't work for me. I'm not registerd on the "other" boards.

Someone care to copy and paste the info?

Latest posts

Back