Broken Turbo>IC pipe!

_Sloteg_

Proteg Type Arrr
Contributor
:
Mazdaspeed Sloteg & 2008 CX-7 Touring!<--Wifes
Damnit today i was trying to fix my Turbo>IC pipe the, little pipe that connect's to the bypass valve had been coming off for awhile now so i tryed to use some of the JB weld plastic welder and that didn't hold it then,i tryed some epoxy and that didn't work either.then somehow in the process of putting my intake back on i broke the little pipe off!(stooges) so i need some help please!

1.does anyone know how much this pipe alone cost from the dealer?

2.Or should i just go ahead and spend money that i don't really have to get hardpipe's? if so,does anyone know of a place that will send them out fast and or cost less then $395? that's turbo hoses price for them.

Thanks for any help i get in advance.

not sure on the price of the stock part.. i am in the middle of making the prototype set of hardpipes that i will be selling in the near future and price "as of now" will be around $250 for the set, but they wont be ready for a few weeks yet..you can try the for sale/ want to buy section, maybe someone who got hardpipes is selling there stock parts..

I'm just thinking of buying a set of hard pipe's to prevent anything like this from ever happening again.i wish your hardpipes were out now i'd buy a set off of you.

thanks for trying to help!

If you have the cash, get the hardpipes. I am looking at picking up the ones from turbohoses.

I busted mine too a while ago. I fixed it with JB weld and its been on for over 18,000 miles now. Try sanding the two connection points, the tube and connector. Then wipe it clean with lacquer thinner or brake cleaner. You need to have clean surfaces for the JB Weld to work. Hold the two parts together and let it cure for several hours, or overnight.

Yeah i'm going to call turbohoses on monday and see if they have the hardpipe's in stock and ready to ship out.

And i did take the pipe off and then i sanded it down and i wiped it clean with paint thinner before i put the JB weld on it then,i let it cure for awhile and still had no luck with it.i bought the kind of JB weld that dry's in four minute's but i let it sit for like two hours before i put it back on.it felt like it bonded the pipe's very strong but when i took it for a drive right when i went into,boost it poped off.:(

the turbo to ic pipe from the dealer costs 249 bucks ALONE!

I know because i made a very expensive mistake, the same one you made.

go hard pipes.

-B

Thanks alot man! i thought someone had said the price was some thing like that before.Yeah i am getting hardpipe's for sure now for the price that the one stock pipe cost i might as well just get hardpipe's.

Forge is working with samco to develop a that upper IC pipe. It's supposed to work with the factory bpv or forges bpy or bov....

Yeah but i kinda need the pipe's right away as this car is my daily driver luckly i have an impala to drive untell i can get my hard pipe's in.thanks anyway's

the turbo to ic pipe from the dealer costs 249 bucks ALONE!

I know because i made a very expensive mistake, the same one you made.

go hard pipes.

-B
you serious!??!!!...damn i have an appointment with the dealer tomrrow for my cracked IC pipe. i thought it would be covered under warrenty?!? Damn i'm gonna have to talk to the techs before they start workin on my car cause i have other problems with the car too...can anyone help me.so i know whats still covered under warrenty. ASAP (so i don't get screwed)

I'm not sure of the exact name of it, but I used some plastic resivior(sp?) sealer. I got it from Autozone for like $5 or so. I had the same problem as you, and I used some epoxy and that broke under boost too. I only drove the car one day with the plastic sealer on there, but it definately held up. I had a turbo>IC pipe made the next day and it cost me $180. Expect to pay somewhere in that area for yours.

I'm will be putting in my order with turbohoses tonight! and i'm getting the 2nd day shipping so everything should be fixed by friday:D the guy at Turbohoses is just waiting for the polishing to be done and then they'll be ready to ship out.(thumb)

I'm will be putting in my order with turbohoses tonight! and i'm getting the 2nd day shipping so everything should be fixed by friday:D the guy at Turbohoses is just waiting for the polishing to be done and then they'll be ready to ship out.(thumb)

How much was the total w/shipping and if there is tax?

did u get the one w/BOV

I got the first set of pipes from turbo hoses and since there alluminum they disapate heat real well'but they also suck up a lot of heat from the turbo and manifold.

my stock piece broke too and after using jb weld then epoxy I finaly super glued it and that worked great>

well'but they also suck up a lot of heat from the turbo and manifold.
i'm guessing that might be bad?!? And would that void our warrenty is u still have one
even though the pipes fit were the stock ones go? just asking might actually want to put that on my list of mods to get.

thanks Vick

Notorious_V.I.C said:
How much was the total w/shipping and if there is tax?

did u get the one w/BOV
I don't know the grand total right now because i have to wait for the money to clear my account before i place my order but, he did tell me that the 2nd day shipping will be $72.something (omg) but i have to get my car on the road so i'll pay that with out a problem!when i get the full total with shipping+tax i'll let you know.but they are in stock they just have to be polished and he said that will be done today or at the latest wednesday so that's fine by me at least i've have my car ready by the weekend.

and as far as i know they don't have a BOV option?

Last edited:
wicked said:
I got the first set of pipes from turbo hoses and since there alluminum they disapate heat real well'but they also suck up a lot of heat from the turbo and manifold.

my stock piece broke too and after using jb weld then epoxy I finaly super glued it and that worked great>
Thanks for the info, so, how are you liking the pipe's?

Yeah i looked at them but i didn't really have that much cash to spend they do look nice tho.

also hard pipe's are ordered i just have to call tomarrow and confirm the total!

Back