Creaking Noise from the front of the car

gunners

Hi everyone
I have been noticing a "creaking" noise ( ... crrrr crrrr crrrrr) at the front of the car when I turn my steering wheel while the car is stationary and with the brakes on .. and it is more evident after I have driven the car .. ... I am not sure if it is related to the power steering or the brakes....

Any advice appreciated

I would check the power steering fluid level. Pop the hood, and have someone listen for the noise as you turn the wheel.

gunners said:
Hi everyone
I have been noticing a "creaking" noise ( ... crrrr crrrr crrrrr) at the front of the car when I turn my steering wheel while the car is stationary and with the brakes on .. and it is more evident after I have driven the car .. ... I am not sure if it is related to the power steering or the brakes....

Any advice appreciated

sounds like its just the tire rubbing on the ground when you turn it.

Sorry to hear about this mdagost103... hope you won't have to fork out much in the process...
uclap5 .. in reply to your question... no that noise is more "mechanical" than just tire rubbing on the ground... I've checked the power steering fluid and it's on full...

wd40 everything in the engine bay as well as all your springs, struts, brakes, headlights, bumper, mirrors and plastic parts

Latest posts

Back