my turbo mp3 now has the aem ems!

Metal MP5 said:
Little Beavis said:
StuttersC said:
Ok, thanks...

So then what was the big surprise at the open house?
Good threadjack question!
(jacked)

i love that one
(flame2) give me my thread back!!! (protest)

LOL!!

But seriously, to answer the question, I really have no idea what the "big surprise" was. There was so much going on and I was so happy and having so much fun that I was a little distracted. Someone could've gotten shot through a cannon and I wouldn't have even noticed. Maybe someone else can answer this question. I will try to rack my brain tonight, there's got to be something that stands out as a surprise.

Please forgive me, this boost is really crack. I have a one-track mind, the only topic I am capable of focusing on is my car.

Last edited:
roni said:
Do you have experience with the Opus? I need more info.

I am skeptical about any power supplies I haven't tried and tested. Especially on a p4.
Well, I'm gonna run a 1ghz integrated via board. It's low wattage, so I'll be fine. You may need to get the 150w opus power supply. But I've heard that it's loud.

lgagno1 said:
Well, I'm gonna run a 1ghz integrated via board. It's low wattage, so I'll be fine. You may need to get the 150w opus power supply. But I've heard that it's loud.
The power inverter is doing quite well for me at the moment. But I will keep this in mind as an alternative. (Even though I probably built my entire puter for less than I hear that thing would cost, if you can find somewhere to buy it from.)

I might rework my setup, we'll see.

roni said:
(flame2) give me my thread back!!! (protest)

LOL!!

But seriously, to answer the question, I really have no idea what the "big surprise" was. There was so much going on and I was so happy and having so much fun that I was a little distracted. Someone could've gotten shot through a cannon and I wouldn't have even noticed. Maybe someone else can answer this question. I will try to rack my brain tonight, there's got to be something that stands out as a surprise.

Please forgive me, this boost is really crack. I have a one-track mind, the only topic I am capable of focusing on is my car.

Sorry for the jack, but there was never a thread opened regarding the open house...Well, that I've seen at anyrate.

StuttersC said:
Sorry for the jack, but there was never a thread opened regarding the open house...Well, that I've seen at anyrate.
A few members including myself made threads about it after we spotted a post by Andy or Nick. Since they didn't get the dyno yet, they just wanted it to be somewhat small (mainly Proteges). In June/July when the shop gets the Mustang dyno they are planning to have a larger meet with all sorts of cars.

yes, and now that i'm up to 8psi my car is ******* amazing. you guys will see dyno results. my car will be dyno'd tomorrow!!!!

and i also can't wait for the next meet that they have over at wagner motorsports.

mx3ownzj00 said:
A few members including myself made threads about it after we spotted a post by Andy or Nick. Since they didn't get the dyno yet, they just wanted it to be somewhat small (mainly Proteges). In June/July when the shop gets the Mustang dyno they are planning to have a larger meet with all sorts of cars.
Thanks...

roni said:
i figured i'd answer a pm here because i have gotten many similar questions on pm's: (rockon)

The screen's brand name is Innovatek, never heard of them before. It's a 7" flat screen, not a touch screen. Touch screens are good for some things, but since I am relying on this to make modifications to my AEM engine management system, a touch screen makes me wary, it'll almost be too easy to make non-intentional changes. If I stumble across a good software platform for a touch screen, and a reasonably-priced touch screen, I might change my mind.

This is a work-in-progress (as is everything I do), so I welcome feedback and suggestions.

This is my puter that lives in my trunk next to my sub box:

mp3_carputer2.jpg

mp3_carputer1.jpg

here's a link to my puter specs so you guys don't have to search
Watch out for that hard disk. 7200rpm drives don't like to be jarred. You could get a 5400rpm drive if you can find one...or maybe a laptop drive...or even a solid state drive...all of the above are better at handling shock and G forces.

I think the "big suprise" was supposed to happen but what they were working on wasn't complete. IIRC.

So Roni - dyno #s?

i have not gotten results back yet. i was a little too busy at work to get in touch with anyone at wagner during the day. i believe this is delayed until at least tomorrow.

as i had previously speculated, i don't think that there was enough time to finish my manifold AND my 2.5" downpipe in 1-1/2 days. i will get back to you guys tomorrow. thanks for staying interested in my car!!

:D

Latest posts

Back