Sparkco Wires Finally arrived

Pretzellogic

Contributor
:
Das Pretzelwagon
Well, I finally recieved my Sparkco wires. Pretty, eh?
47b4da02b3127ccebd3a0fb66d760000001510

I ordered them on the 30th of March, and had to email the company in order to recieve an update as to whether they had been sent or on. This is how they arrived:
47b4da02b3127ccebd3a0eaa2df20000001510

No packing material, no instructions, and you would think that, after all the trouble, they would have supplied a little dielectric grease to do the job right. They were cheap, so I suppose I get what I pay for...

Okay: I have looked for a small how-to on replacing these. As I understand it, you simply yank the old ones out and put the new ones in. My questions are these:
1) Do I apply the grease to the contacts on both ends, or just the contact that connects to the coil?
2) *edit* answered my own question
I really don't know much about these things. Done a lot of matience on my cars, but somehow, I never managed to do this. Any info, no matter how stupid, is appreciated.

Last edited:
viVid said:
I put the dielectric on both ends...
On the contacts or anything that is "male" to the coil/valve cover "female"

I guess what I'm wondering is where do I put the grease? I know that the stuff doesn't conduct electricity, but it keeps condensation off etc. etc.

Tell me where to put the stuff.

I just put in on the male ends... it's just to keep the metal contacts from corroding. The sparks plug boots should keep most moisture out, this is just a little extra insurance.

you put dielectric grease on the ceramic part. it helps keep water out and the terminals from coroding, as well as providing lubricant so the next time you take off your plug wire boot its not stuck to the spark plug.

Where did you guys get these wires from? Are there any other brands available, and if so, what made you decide on these over the others?

www.sparkcoonline.com

also we have the option of magnecor...the sparkcos are 9mm the magnecors are 8.5mm...there may be some other options but those are the most popular. however, ive had both and there is no difference whatsoever...hell you wont even notice a difference PERIOD ;if your wires arent old as ****, i know i didnt. i just got them to match the engine bay scheme.

btw the red of the sparkcos matches the red strut bar better than the magnecors. and theyre cheaper, though from what i hear, shittier, though ive had no problems thus far.

i have a used set of sparco i took off my mp3. they are blue. if anyone is interested pm me. make me an offer.

They are a little dirty from being under my mp3 engine cover,but i will try and clean them up.

Back