Debadging

Has anyone de-badged the back of their P5? How does it look? Could you post pics? I did it w/ my old Audi A4 and I really liked the result ... a very very clean rear end.

say what!

Gotta love that clean rear end! Gotta go take a shower:D

actually, there are pegs that align the badges properly. Makes things easier for the guys at Mazda slapping the badges on. :p :rolleyes:

You could always rebadge like me. I've got a familia badge where my protege5 was. Click on the www for some pics.

Badges, we don't need no stinkin badges! Had to be done.

These new smilies are cool.
(whitep5)

Oh by the way. If you want the badge I have, I got it from corksport. $12 to my door. The holes on the familia badge line up with the holes from the protege5 badge.

Corksport

sure, if you totally shave the back hatch there are alignment holes under the badges...but it looks sweet shaved....the right way to have it done is to have the holes welded up and then the hatch repainted....here is how it looks.

Attachments

• shavedback.jpg
    shavedback.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 300
Man! - You would think that any guy who spent THAT much time on the back end of his car would KNOW that there's a key slot back there so you can manually unlock the hatch :D

Don

bd4awgn said:
damn Sir Nuke that looks awesome...how much did that run you?(redp5)

yes it does look sweet.....I really do like the look of a car that is totally dechromed and debadged. makes people that already don't k now what it is scratch their heads and wonder.

And it didn't cost me a dime.....colnago1331 ask if anyone had done it...and ask if someone would post a pic of what it looked like....SO, I just went out to the garage, took a pic with my digital camera and then edited the badges out of the image, YES I PHOTOSHOPPED THE PIC!! LOL I have been "shoppin" for about 6 or 7 years, I like playin with it....I do lots of things with it.

I just bought the badge from the MAZDASPEED Protege. I am thinking of swapping the MAZDA logo with it. I'll post pics when I have them.

Don said:
Man! - You would think that any guy who spent THAT much time on the back end of his car would KNOW that there's a key slot back there so you can manually unlock the hatch :D

Don

DOFLLMAO at DON!!!!!! I remember that thread!!

blynzoo said:

DOFLLMAO at DON!!!!!! I remember that thread!!

well I SHOWED you that my hatch didn't have a lock...I got ripped off.....but you can see by the pic I just posted that I have been back to my dealer and got the lock installed....and under warrantee too!!!! lol

Sir Nuke said:

well I SHOWED you that my hatch didn't have a lock...I got ripped off.....but you can see by the pic I just posted that I have been back to my dealer and got the lock installed....and under warrantee too!!!! lol

Riiiiggghht!

Like you would trust the dealer to do anything as complicated as installing a lock . . . . (no)

Don

NIce, Humvee.....check these out:

HONDA(piss)
ACURA(piss)
RICERS(piss)

Back