The Autocross Wheel Debate

Orthonormal said:
The Azenis are nice, but the S-03s are pretty darn good, too. They're maybe not quite as good on asphalt, but on concrete, the situation is reversed. The Azenis just don't like concrete, and the S-03s love it. For dual-purpose tires, I'd go with the Bridgestones every time. Longer lasting, better for heavy rain, and quieter. The word on the street about the new Goodyear Gs-D3 has got me intrigued.
Ahh, the thing money can afford some people.... ;) I WISH I could afford the S-03a so I could know what you are talking about. ;)

DannyRS said:
Those wheels look familair! (burnout)

tbrake04.jpg

:)

event01-ban.jpg

They're definitely the best rim for the money! Check out my homepage for all the details :)

-Danny
Sweet! and NOT FAIR! I tried to get the bronze colore ones, but Good-Win racing didn't have them in their online store! (dunno)

Looks great though!

and diZZAMN, you're going fast in that pic...;)

Mazdaspeedgirl said:
I mulled over many of my options for a set of wheels. Since I am a nOOb at autoX, I decided to go with the best performing wheels for the money: Konig Helium 15s. (11.4lbs ea)
konig_helium.jpg

What does everyone else use for autoX on their miatas?
whatever JDM i can afford; anything that's NOT konig/rota. currently circa late 80s (i'm sure you appreciate the vintage, being an InitD fan n all) Racing Sparco Viper 2, 14x6", black w/ polished lip and center red cap using muchos rare 12mm allen head super thin lug nuts:

nondented.jpg

the heliums are light, but they're still not as light as either of the OEM BBS Miata rims... nor are they as 'leet. (jerkit) <<< best smilie EVER.

but they're CHEAPER! some of us have 3 cars we have to spread the money between... ;)

Mazdaspeedgirl said:
but they're CHEAPER! some of us have 3 cars we have to spread the money between... ;)
*shrug*, some of us have 2 cars, a motorcycle and a gf to spread the money in between. like my grandfather used to say: you buy quality, but pay for cheapness....

(lol) So you're saying the Konigs are gonna crap out on me? ;)

Seriously, besides getting a lighter weight with the SSR Comps, what would be the other benefits of paying an extra $150 per wheel?

they're damn fine to look at. haha...i love the gunmetal SSR comps on FM's elvis. i want some new rims for my miata ! it looks so sad on its aging stock wheels that are coated w/ yucky brake dust..

MAN do I ever want thost $299 rims. Maybe I'll buy 1 at a time for the next four months and i'll have them in time for something 4 months from now. YEA! (thumb)

LOL Tia! or you could roll on em one at a time...eventually get to four matching wheel status. (lol2)

Jflo, the Konigs look GREAT for 11lb $99 wheels...I'll get a better pic of mine... :D

StratoMX5 said:
MAN do I ever want thost $299 rims. Maybe I'll buy 1 at a time for the next four months and i'll have them in time for something 4 months from now. YEA! (thumb)
well you know... in LA... there are wheel joints you can do LAY AWAYs at... sorta like.. RENT TO OWN SSR COMPS... (wow)

hahaha...getting one rim per month wouldn't be a bad idea...but then again...having one rim will just tempt you to buy the rest of them at the same time hehehe

Yea TonyC we have a place like that here in Austin. I may just have to look them up! ;)

Back