2004/ Spec-V or 2004 SRT-4

3.5titanuimSD

:
MSP
Well as most of you all know, i totaled my 03.5 MSP. I'm now shoping for a car, I stuck between theses two cars. Spec-v and an SRT-4. I drove both of them, and kinda leaning torwards the SRT-4, cuz man the power of that car, is crazy. Well when i drove the spec-v it reminded me of my MSP, it had power and the interior was why better then the SRT-4. Well can you guys help me make of my mind between these two cars?

I would say the SRT-4. Yeah, the interior sux, but obviously with the power and newly added LSD it makes up for it. But, the big thing is the SRT-4 is like the MSP in that it puts you in more of an exclusive club. I'm sorry but SPEC-Vs are everywhere.

SRT-4

I have heard nothing but complaints about the Spec-v, and nothing but praise for the Dodge.

I just gotta throw in a good word for the Acura RSX typeS
I played tag with one on Hwy9 last night and lemme tell you: Those things are nimble and quick(and good looking, IMO, too).

vodapas77 said:
I would say the SRT-4. Yeah, the interior sux, but obviously with the power and newly added LSD it makes up for it. But, the big thing is the SRT-4 is like the MSP in that it puts you in more of an exclusive club. I'm sorry but SPEC-Vs are everywhere.

have you acctualy seen the interior of the 04 srt-4s or are you just going by what other people say?? i drove my friends 04 srt from the dealership and i thought the interior to be nice, with the viper seats, etc..and im a picky person, although im sure the materials they use are of "cheaper" qaulity, but it still looks nice.

mp5jeff said:
have you acctualy seen the interior of the 04 srt-4s or are you just going by what other people say?? i drove my friends 04 srt from the dealership and i thought the interior to be nice, with the viper seats, etc..and im a picky person, although im sure the materials they use are of "cheaper" qaulity, but it still looks nice.
My personal comments are based both on what I had heard and my impression of the SRT-4 when I sat in one. IMHO the SRT-4's interior is exactly what the SRT-4 is. A Neon with a bigger engine and a hell of a nice pair of seats. I don't think the interior is bad so much as it is what you would expect from a Neon. Dodge did little to differentiate it from the Neon vice the seats and the boost gauge. But, in all reality Mazda did little to differentiate the Speeds interior from the of a Protege. The difference is the Protege has markedly better materials and fit & finish then the Neon.

However, I did not mean it to seem that I think the SRT-4 is a lesser car because of this. It is just one of the vehicles short-comings. In some ways it adds an appeal to the SRT-4. It's like a tiny little muscle car. A stripper with a lot of power. Some things in life should be so simple.

Yeah, man, I say hit that SRT-4, and it'll hit hard back. They are fast as hell cars, and even though the interior isn't the greatest, it's still goodnuff, go for it, forget the Spec-v. Even though some of us may bash the SRT-4 a bit, I have not yet heard of a disappointed SRT-4 owner, plus their dealer support of upgrades is amazing, they are at Stage 3 or 4 now. Do it.

Well, thanks for the advice guys. But my problem between the two cars is, witch one would hold it's value, and would be more reliable, in the future?

Either one's value isn't going to stay very high, more than likely, since if I am not mistaken both the Sentra and the Neon are soon due for overhauls.

Acura RSX Type S = much better car!

SRT4= Chrysler Crap! Period. (what a silly ass loopy wing)

But hey! Most of you are more concerned about the 1/4 mile around here. In 2 years or less; that Dodge will be falling apart.

3.5titanuimSD said:
Well, thanks for the advice guys. But my problem between the two cars is, witch one would hold it's value, and would be more reliable, in the future?
Duh..... The Acura will always be more reliable. No mystery there!

I love RSX-S's. It's just a great all around car. I've test driven the SRT-4 and RSX. I'd get the RSX. As far as the Spec-V's go, they're kinda bland and looks like a car from the late 80's.

Hum...I agree RSX in the picture RSX. When my car was sideswiped I was going to get a white one type s. Nice ******* car thats all I have to say :)
The sentras, I dont have much good to say about them. My car has less power etc..etc..and I would rather drive it then those anyday. I cant stand the suspension, handles like crap IMO.

Back