AEM intake hitting Brake Master Cylinder: help!

Pretzellogic

Contributor
:
Das Pretzelwagon
Just recently installed an AEM SRI on my P5. Love it, but I've found that is is hitting the brake master cylinder. I bought this intake to specifically get rid of this problem. :mad: Has anyone else had this problem, and, if so, how did you get rid of it?

My car is cooling off right now, so I'm going to go massage is soon. I thought I would ask and see if anyone else had the same issue, and how they solved it.

Thanks in advance.

Nevermind. Car cooled down, I loosened everything, messed with it, massaged, and torqued everything back down again. Problem sloved.

ards said:
Got any pictures of it?
Here you go:
47b4da34b3127ccebc8d1fde56440000001510

This might be after you've fixed the problem. I have that problem with my Ractive Intake and thought that AEM have no issues at all with scraping near the solenoid. I hope it all works well with you. I just wrapped my tube with some rubber.

Well, the problem is still there. It shook itself loose and started again. I'll futz with it tomorrow.

When we took my pipe out to install the nitrous we noticed it had done the same thing --- even started to put a nice wear mark into the pipe ... I figure if it goes much longer, it will go right thru --- its ok tho, im upgrading to the injen CAI.

Pe@ce

my ractive SRI rubbed against the master cylinder too, it wore right thru, thats why im shopping for something thats not a piece of poorly fitted junk, cant afford injen right now or even K&N typhoon, all the dealers around here want $400 CDN, which is like $20 to you americans but im a broke mofo from all the stuff i buy for my ride.

I think my biggest gripe is that I bought the intake specifically to get rid of this problem. Granted, the rubbing isn't as bad as the Ebay intake I had, but it's still there!

Anyone else with a suggestion?

Back