Car Life...

Colbert

:
Buick Regal... w000000t
Hey all, everyone here has recently gotten a new speed i take it, i am curious on how long you are expecting to have this speed in your possesion, do you think it'll last for 10 years without completely breaking down etc..???

(band2)

Colbert said:
Hey all, everyone here has recently gotten a new speed i take it, i am curious on how long you are expecting to have this speed in your possesion, do you think it'll last for 10 years without completely breaking down etc..???

(band2)
man, i doubt it will last that long...i personally plan on keeping it for roughly 5-6 years...but hell if it does last that long....WOW mad props to MAZDA!!! im the mean time, lets keep our fingers crossed!!!

MSP#735

It doesn't matter how long it "lasts" for me. If it breaks, I'll fix it. If the engine dies, I'll rebuild it (and do it right). If it doesn't get totaled or stolen, I'll have my MSP for the rest of my days. It's that important to me. If you knew my history with cars, you'd understand. I had a 323 GTX that I would still have if it handn't been stolen. I also still own my first musclecar: A 1979 10th Anniversary Trans Am 4-speed. One of 1,817 produced. I've had it for 8 years, and it's outlasted a marriage and a five year engagement. I'll never let it go, either. FWIW, I built the engine in the T/A - A 462 c.i. (7.7 liter) torque monster with ported/polished heads, killer cam, custom 750 double-pumper, intake, headers, exhaust, etc. It's never been to the track, but it should be a low 12-sec. car (or high 11's with traction). It sometimes lays down stripes at 80mph when I snatch fourth and sets off car alarms a couple of blocks away (with mufflers). It's a beast. I'm working on capturing some video of the car in action and will share it with anyone who appreciates muscle cars.

That said, I actually like my MSP overall more than the T/A (I hope she didn't hear that), and will keep both of them for as long as I live. I'm 33 now, and nothing sucks worse than letting go of a special car and regretting it later. Now with the MSP, it's time for me to go from a 3-car to a 4-car or bigger garage, because they're both going to remain a part of my life.

like with all other cars it depends on how well you care for it... if you do all the mainteneance on time and with quality products itll easily last 10 years. dont forget that this is in fact a japanese car. for reference my other car is a 91 (so 14 years old) 240sx... i bought it almost 2 years ago off a 60 year old lady who owned it since new and had everything done on time at nissan, the car was winter driven every year and had 270K KM on it. now it has 295K on it and the only prob i had was the fuel pump which cost me $120 and an hour in the driveway, and it has started no matter what... be it +30C or -25C

so yea, i think the msp will be just fine if cared for

Considering that many domestic cars are now lasting for 10+ years, I doubt you will have any issues keeping a highly rated car like the Protege going. Consumer Reports has stated that the Protege like the Miata is a worry free car.

muohio said:
Considering that many domestic cars are now lasting for 10+ years, I doubt you will have any issues keeping a highly rated car like the Protege going. Consumer Reports has stated that the Protege like the Miata is a worry free car.
(mswerd)

muohio said:

Which consumer reports if ya don't mind me askin? :D

MrDiggler said:
It doesn't matter how long it "lasts" for me. If it breaks, I'll fix it. If the engine dies, I'll rebuild it (and do it right). If it doesn't get totaled or stolen, I'll have my MSP for the rest of my days. It's that important to me. If you knew my history with cars, you'd understand. I had a 323 GTX that I would still have if it handn't been stolen. I also still own my first musclecar: A 1979 10th Anniversary Trans Am 4-speed. One of 1,817 produced. I've had it for 8 years, and it's outlasted a marriage and a five year engagement. I'll never let it go, either. FWIW, I built the engine in the T/A - A 462 c.i. (7.7 liter) torque monster with ported/polished heads, killer cam, custom 750 double-pumper, intake, headers, exhaust, etc. It's never been to the track, but it should be a low 12-sec. car (or high 11's with traction). It sometimes lays down stripes at 80mph when I snatch fourth and sets off car alarms a couple of blocks away (with mufflers). It's a beast. I'm working on capturing some video of the car in action and will share it with anyone who appreciates muscle cars.

That said, I actually like my MSP overall more than the T/A (I hope she didn't hear that), and will keep both of them for as long as I live. I'm 33 now, and nothing sucks worse than letting go of a special car and regretting it later. Now with the MSP, it's time for me to go from a 3-car to a 4-car or bigger garage, because they're both going to remain a part of my life.
your such a romantic.(godown)

Most likely I'm only gonna keep this another year and a half or two...untill I get out of college, get a real job, and get my Lotus Elise :)

SoniCraze said:
your such a romantic.(godown)

That I am, lol. A hopeless romantic. I find something I truly love, and I keep it forever.

I'd like to keep my Speed for as long as it takes.

All of my previous rides have all been kept around for 5-10 yrs. I've gone from 5 Mustangs, a heavily modded Triumph Spitfire (289 V-8, W/ C-4 tranny), 3 Celicas, to my now current ride: my Black Mica MSP.

If treated right w/ the proper quality care....she should last me quite a long time.

My father had three Mazdas (80' 323 GLC, 84' RX 7, and a 88' 323 GTX) which impressed the hell outta me, as far as performance and handling. This is what made me decide on trying a MSP. After all....I was thinking of trading in my high milage 93' Celica ALL-TRAC for a new 03' Celica GTS, but was not impressed at all w/ the handling and performance it offered (and also the dealer was a toltal peckerhead). But after driving a MSP, I was sold. Although as of late.....Mazda NA has been pissing me off w/ their lack of support for us MSPers and anyone else wanting to use Mazda Speed products, I still want to hold on to my MSP as long as I can.

MrDiggler said:
I've had it for 8 years, and it's outlasted a marriage and a five year engagement. I'll never let it go, either.
:D how many times did you hear this: All he cares about is that stupid car! (cryhard)

fkmp5 said:
:D how many times did you hear this: All he cares about is that stupid car! (cryhard)
Never!

Mainly I heard... Yes! Yes! Oh God, Yes! AAAAAAEEEEEIIIIIIAAAAA!!!

:p - You open the door, I just might walk through it, lol.

Actually, I did most of the work on the T/A before the marriage and before the almost-marriage. I pay plenty of attention to my women. ;D

Hopefully for at least 2-3yrs...unless the Mazdaspeed 6 comes out sooner (if ever at all).

Back