Door poppers for shaved handles?

wrigmatt

:
2002 Black Mica ES GT
I currently have a 2002 es protege with extensive stereo and AV mods, heres a list so you know what im working with
1. Stock HU removed, Alpine 9815 HU installed
2. All stock speakers replaced with infinity Kappa perfects
3. 5" marvin and davis dash mounted LCD screen
4. Single DIN DVD player on top of Alpine HU, wired to the screen and AUX in on the deck.
5. JBL 600.1 Mono block class D amp
6. 2 Planet audio vector 12" subs dual voice coil, custom ported enclosure
7. 140A circuit breaker, to power distribution block under hood, all run off 4guage wire except the screen (8guage)
8. Dynomat everywhere
9. Prestige pager alarm, good for about 900 feet away from your car, pages you and tells you if someone touches your car ( and shows you where on the car they touched ) or if they opened a door, smashed a window etc.

My question is, when i get my buddy club 2 body kit installed in about a week im getting my door handles shaved too, they are installing a door popper kit but i dont know if i can wire that directly to my alarm, and pop the doors with my alarm remote or am i going to have to get a second remote just for the doors... ??

Does anyone have any experiance wiring up a kit like this?

ES GT (no)

i dont have anything esle to add to this thread becasue i know s*** about wiring

Yeah there is a GT model in canada, comeon now. Nothin special just a "trim" package, rims tires, moonroof, spoiler, interior trim accents, white guages, darkened out headlights and chrome strip on bumper.

As long as you have an aux output for your alarm, i.e. a second or third channel, that can be programed to send a ground to a relay then yes you can wire it into your alarm. all you would do is send the signal to a relay and from the relay send whatever type of signal you need to the actuator in the door. probably sending a 12v signal.
If you are shaving all the doors then you might need to have enough channels on the remote to open each door individually.

the alarm i have has 7 or 9 aux inputs built into it, according to the stereo shop, and they said they can hook it up for reletively cheap seeing how much i spent on the system a couple months ago

I did it on my [r]ustang using a clifford alarm that had two 'aux' buttons on the remote. If you do not have two (or four, actually) extra buttons you may need a new/different remote :(

Its a fancy dancy pager alarm, i hit the option button on the side Once for aux one and twice for aux 2 etc then hit the middle button to fire it... its finalized the stereo shop is gonna wire it up for free, just as long as i plug them for all the work they do for me

What would you folks reccomend on weight rating for the solenoids for P5 doors??

35, 50, 75, 100lbs. Im thinking 50lbs should be more than enough.

Back