Me and a Corvette 100 MPH on a turn..

LinuxRacr

Contributor
:
2001 Mazda MP3
Friday morning I was on my way home from work while on Spur 408, I followed this 2000 Corvette very closely. I did not want to race this beast, for I would surely loose. I just wanted to have some fun. The "fun" was up the road a couple of miles where 408 merges with I-20. There is a sharp turn that turns into a steep drop going westbound I-20. As we approached the turn, I then hit the gas to catch up to the guy in the Vette who was just cruising along. As he saw me comming up, he hit the throttle as well, and made my approch a little slower. At around 105 MPH, I leaned my body towards the turn as I entered it, and slowly crept past him. As we came out of the turn, He pulled up beside me, and gave me a nod, and drove on down the road. I did not pursue because I knew better.

You are smarter than the average bear. I rolled up on a Corolla and GOT SMOKED!! I didn't realize that the corolla came in a V6 and it was a female who smoked me and was laughing while she did it! (SO WRONG) I will be very cautious for now (headers and turbo are coming soon).

P5blk_stal

:'((blackp5)
(omg)

Last edited:
i dont know what story is more ridiculous, this or the wrx one. either way :bs:

LinuxRacr said:
Friday morning I was on my way home from work while on Spur 408, I followed this 2000 Corvette very closely. I did not want to race this beast, for I would surely loose. I just wanted to have some fun. The "fun" was up the road a couple of miles where 408 merges with I-20. There is a sharp turn that turns into a steep drop going westbound I-20. As we approached the turn, I then hit the gas to catch up to the guy in the Vette who was just cruising along. As he saw me comming up, he hit the throttle as well, and made my approch a little slower. At around 105 MPH, I leaned my body towards the turn as I entered it, and slowly crept past him. As we came out of the turn, He pulled up beside me, and gave me a nod, and drove on down the road. I did not pursue because I knew better.

Re: Re: Me and a Corvette 100 MPH on a turn..

manuel said:
i dont know what story is more ridiculous, this or the wrx one. either way :bs:

why is this ridiculous? as far as I know an mp3 can hit 105mph, and im sure a corvette can.

sounds legit to me

why its ridiculous?....here is my opinion.

im catching up to a corvette....he sees me...he punches it.......he is LONG gone...but wait, as faith should have it, theres a curve....i manage to beat him in the curve cause man!! the mp3 has tight ass handling....then before you know it, i have passed him up even AFTER he probably got ahead maybe a few hundred yards before we hit the curve, and he is just now barely catching up. cool.

maybe its ridiculous, maybe its not.
it is to me.

if any "punching it" was done in the corvette then i concurr, it is ridiculous.......i assumed the corvette didnt go balls out......

manuel said:
why its ridiculous?....here is my opinion.

im catching up to a corvette....he sees me...he punches it.......he is LONG gone...but wait, as faith should have it, theres a curve....i manage to beat him in the curve cause man!! the mp3 has tight ass handling....then before you know it, i have passed him up even AFTER he probably got ahead maybe a few hundred yards before we hit the curve, and he is just now barely catching up. cool.

maybe its ridiculous, maybe its not.
it is to me.

Linux said " he saw me comming up, he hit the throttle as well" That's not punching it. He was trying to stress that the guy gave it some gas, but he obviously wasn't trying to lose linux. Chill out man.

Kooldino said:

Linux said " he saw me comming up, he hit the throttle as well" That's not punching it. He was trying to stress that the guy gave it some gas, but he obviously wasn't trying to lose linux. Chill out man.

Thank you. When we did hit the strait away, I didn't even try to pursue cause I knew better. Didn't I say that in the post?:mad: It ain't that serious!(bicker) And if I caught him, he obviously wasn't pushing that hard before the turn.

Last edited:
P5blk_stal said:
You are smarter than the average bear. I rolled up on a Corolla and GOT SMOKED!! I didn't realize that the corolla came in a V6 and it was a female who smoked me and was laughing while she did it! (SO WRONG) I will be very cautious for now (headers and turbo are coming soon).

P5blk_stal

:'((blackp5)
(omg)

They only make a 4cyl corolla, no V6's.
4 cylinder,1.8 liters,Inline 4,130 hp,Torque: 125 ft-lbs.
Maybe you happened upon a camry V6, that would definitely hurt a P5 in the straight line... Just find a sharp curve though, and you're all set. :)

LinuxRacer: I only got one thing to say... You texans sure do drive fast!! I just got back from Lubbock, TX where my sister is starting school, and the average speed on I20 seemed to be about 90!!! LOL

everyone that has replied has extremely valid points, i agree linux did think the story out this time. still, i call :bs: after the wrx story, everything went down the drain. yessir.

Last edited:
manuel said:
everyone that has replied has extremely valid points, i agree linux did think the story out this time. still, i call :bs: after the wrx story, everything went down the drain. yessir.

Nosir, you are wrong. My life is not so meaningless that I would go out on this board and make s*** up.

Last edited:
Last night i was coming home from Lemoore (N.A.S) navy air base station, and this old beat up ford pinto was behind me trying to catch me while i was like already doing 90+mph but then he saw me hit the throttle then i was gone cause he didn't wanna feel the wrath of the Mp3 but he just wanted to see how dumb he was, oops oh wait a" FORD PINTO can't go over 85+mph i think i lied it's BS:bs: i'm just bored and i don't have a life so i'm gonna go now cause i think i wasted my time being stupid telling ridiculous stories.:eek: :'( ok :rolleyes: whateverrrrrrrrrrrrr........................ yeahh uhh hmmmmmm my story is :bs: but like, i'm gonna waste my time telling something stupid......................go ahead manuel call the :bs: all you want:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Back