Removing Intake Resonator on Mazda3

Da 6 said:
reason I asked would explain the TB ground[4ga] in my sig...gimme a second and ill edit this with the link...

Sounds viable but I seriosly doubt you need a 4 ga wire since the starter only uses about a 6 ga wire to crank the engine! The TB could almost definitely make due with nothing larger than 12 ga.

Did you notice any change?

yes...it was tested and argued for the longest...you may need an intke to hear the sound of the air sicking after petal being depressed to actuly hear and see it. I used 4 cause thats what everyone else said use...

cool

razorblade kiss said:
I removed mine this morning. First off, let me say. What a pain in the ass getting those 3 resonator housing bolts off of there. Jesus Christ. Aside from any troubles there, and a bit of finesing, I got the sucker out. I took her out for a little tester, and the sound is throaty and sucking like crazy for air. SOunds great. Seemed a tad more peppy when accelerating in 1st and 2nd gear. Could just be the sound makes it seem faster though. But at heart, the sound IS what I did this for, and it was well worth it. Sounds like its got some major balls under the hood now.
Cool. I felt the same way when mine came off. Give me air or give me death! (cool)

Finally took it off myself . .

Well . . after about an hour of working I got the resonator out of the engine bay and so forth. I was amazed to not see a CEL ever come on. Now on to the power and sound . .
Power . . I think it helps throughout the entire RPM band. I can easily get up there faster from around 1500 to 3500 easily. I don't even have to push down on the gas that much. And up in the 5000's it is VERY nice.
Sound . . Well all I have to say is " DEEPER!" It requires a little bit more throttle pushin, but you get to hear that beautiful deep rumble. (FREE)

Also, Was wondering something I noticed today. . . Anyone here think that with a upgraded fuel pump and a FPR set to like 25%+ more PSI then stock would make this baby a lot faster in the 3000-6500 range? Just wondering because they are something that can be done soon! And would be great start addition for overal turbo setup! :) ANYONE . . . ?

(hump)
IllBinfrontofya said:
Well . . after about an hour of working I got the resonator out of the engine bay and so forth. I was amazed to not see a CEL ever come on. Now on to the power and sound . .
Power . . I think it helps throughout the entire RPM band. I can easily get up there faster from around 1500 to 3500 easily. I don't even have to push down on the gas that much. And up in the 5000's it is VERY nice.
Sound . . Well all I have to say is " DEEPER!" It requires a little bit more throttle pushin, but you get to hear that beautiful deep rumble. (FREE)

Also, Was wondering something I noticed today. . . Anyone here think that with a upgraded fuel pump and a FPR set to like 25%+ more PSI then stock would make this baby a lot faster in the 3000-6500 range? Just wondering because they are something that can be done soon! And would be great start addition for overal turbo setup! :) ANYONE . . . ?
upgrading injectors before the pcm and spark might cause you to dump excess fuel. I say wait till you run stand alones or something else that will raise the powerband into the 7000s or cause the need for more fuel(FI!)

Okay, This is confusing. From people contradicting peoples oppinions I can't tell if this is a good idea or not. Lol. Sounds good to me cuz teh engine can breath better. Is this a bad idea to do if you dont even have a aftermarket intake system on your car? Would it hurt anything. Sounds like a fun lil project! ;) hook me up.

Oh and can you guys specify more on the 2.3l cuz thats whats in my 3 so ..
What are the pros and cons if I were to do this..

Pretty sure everything on this thread has been about the 2.3L

At least, that's what all my posts are about.

lol...resonator is on (Almost) every car...and yes it helps out(And is worth the time and effort) but not as much as a cai would is what we are saying. If you get a cai you have to remove it regardless so all you are doing is making less work down the road if you choose to get one...this a sound over power mod (Trial Size Of What CAI Would Do...) so don't go telling your friends you shaved 3 seconds of your 1/4 from this...I posted a link somewhere on the 2.3...don't have access to the site from here(WORK) so it is mazda6tech.com and go under intake technologies.....and it has wor for word picture for picture. You can use the how-tos as well since the 6i has the same 2.3 for those who stil wonder......

ok just wandering.. if i remove the hoses from my TB i should see an improovement? ( lives in Puerto Rico so i dont worry about freezing ) (2thumbs)

TX2000 said:
ok just wandering.. if i remove the hoses from my TB i should see an improovement? ( lives in Puerto Rico so i dont worry about freezing ) (2thumbs)
this is one of those minor things...in conjunction with cai cause the cai heats up from the heat of the engine fan blowing(reason my sri became a cai week after instal) so it will help aid in bringing in cooler air...not shure if it was on the site but if you ever did do the mod and the tb froze from the cold the car will do wierd idleing pull off th the side of the road and let it do the wierd idling to warm the throttle body. after you get to where you are going make it a priority to conver back if you didn't do that on the roadside. eemember the tb is electric so no pedal stoms like the traditional cable controled tb's...

i wonder if the people saying that they get a "boost" just when they turn on the car is because the TB heating up...... hmmmm i wonder

TX2000 said:
i wonder if the people saying that they get a "boost" just when they turn on the car is because the TB heating up...... hmmmm i wonder
depends...auto trannys are like that..once they heat up the shifts get real crapy...only thing I'm waiting on is my inline tranny filter so I can add a tranny cooler to mine. I'm just glad they abandoned the ford trannys cause the millenia kept killing them left and right with heat stress.

Back