How do i remove the stock LED from cluster?

Hello,
I'm looking for the easiest way to remove the stock alarm LED located in our cluster. How does one remove this? I've looked at it, and there is a wiring that runs directly behind it (you can actually feel it, if you stick your hands behind the steering wheel column)
Does the LED slide out of the cluster? Or can i remove the wire some how?

The wire connects to a small little "plug in" type connector very close to your alarm module. Disconnect the wire from that plug in and then you can do whatever you want with the LED.

Dexter - According to what you said, do i just pull the LED out of the cluster then? It really seems like it's impossible to do so. I'm afraid of breaking something.

Girth - is this alarm module you're talking about the one where you turn the sensitive?

IIRC, when I took my cluster out for the DaveBs, I think that LED wire was wrapped around the steering column once, but if you unwind it, there should be enough slack to easily disconnect it.

I'm pretty sure it is THAT module.

Limited Edition said:
Dexter - According to what you said, do i just pull the LED out of the cluster then? It really seems like it's impossible to do so. I'm afraid of breaking something.

Girth - is this alarm module you're talking about the one where you turn the sensitive?
Unplug it from the module (I cant remember which one, but follow the wires and you'll surely see it.). Then pull (or push, I can't remember) the LED out. I'm sure it can be done, ive done it myself, and I thought it was molded into the bezel too.

Yup, it's right NEAR the module that adjusts the sensitivity. I don't remember for sure but I think it doesn't actually plug right into that module though (not sure on this without looking at it, which is a PITA). My wire was not wrapped around the steering column like Black Magic's but it was zip-tied and bundled up right near that module. Just cut that zip tie (a black zip tie) and then you'll have PLENTY of wire to do whatever the heck you want with that LED. Mine actually FELL out of the cluster when I was working with it. It comes out of the bottom of it - meaning you'd push it out, not pull it out. Hopefully that makes sense. I was thinking of replacing mine with a blue LED since blue LEDs are just about the coolest thing ever invented.(boom06)

If you're still having trouble tomorrow I'll crawl under there again and refresh my memory better.

EDIT - now that I think about it more, I think the wire is actually plugged right into the module that adjusts sensitivity. In any case, just find the sensitivity module and look for a thin wire that is zip-tied. That is the wire you need.

Last edited:
Girth - that's great help...i'm going to take a look tommorrow.

Captain KRM P5 - I want to remove it because i want to install DGM's gauge cluster surround on it. But i don't want to remove or relocate the LED so, i want to take the LED out so i can remove the stock cluster as a templet. With the stock cluster out, i can easily fit the DGM guage cluster over the stock one then drill holes for the LED and two top screws. I want to still be able to access my guage cluster in the future. If i don't drill holes in the DGM cluster, i don't ever be able to access my cluster.

Limited, i was thinking about getting the cluster as well, and i was going to relocate my LED to the top of the steering column (2 inches back from where it is stock).
Just an idea.

Back