30000 Service, Anyone taken theres in for that?

PEPSP5

:
04 Mazda 3S Hatchback
Whats the cost on it and what do they do or any info you can tell me would be great.
Thanks

Don't bother, most of it is inspections you can do yourself. The dealer will charge anywhere from $300-$600 to do it.

PEPSP5 said:
Whats the cost on it and what do they do or any info you can tell me would be great.
Thanks

pretty much inspect the whole car
then its an oil change
air filter replacement
spark plugs

coolant gets replaced at 45k

easy todo yourself. if you can do your own oil change then the rest is cake.

the dealer will do most of the inspection, like they will (screwy)

what you need to do is
1. oil change
2. transmission fluid change
3. spark plug (did it myself, dealer will charge you around $60)
4. flush the coolant (not required at 30,000 but I just have them done it)
5. air filter -> not sure because I have aftermarket air filter

that's all. for me, it was around $110 with my own engine oil and tranmission oil

Mine cost about $200 including redline transmission oil. Service included oil change with mobil 1, radiator flush, new plugs, transmission oil change, tire rotation.

BK's black P5 said:
Mine cost about $200 including redline transmission oil. Service included oil change with mobil 1, radiator flush, new plugs, transmission oil change, tire rotation.
damn where did you find it so cheap?

Took mine in for the 30K check up. They did a visual inspection and changed my oil & filter. $19.95 + tax.

They said because I didn't have an automatic there wasn't a need to change the fluid at this time. I have a K&N so they didn't have to change my airfilter.

I'm at 35000 and still have not done the checkup. I've changed the oil to MOBIL1 at 32000 and the filter was changed at 24000. I will change the sparkplugs myself and wait till 45000 for coolant. My question has been when do we change the tranny fluid/filter. There is no recommendation in my owners manual. I'm not doing it myself (i can but there are too many risks).

The 30,000 mile (48,000 km) checkup consists of: Oil and filter change, check lights, lubricate all locks and latches, inspect all fluids, belts and hoses, tire pressures, brakes, suspension, tire wear, and lubricate caliper slide pins and replace spark plugs and replace air filter. Then the alignment is optional, not quite sure on the total cost though...

the Mazda dealer here in jersey wanted $475 to do it, but my mechanic down the street did everything for $200... gotta love how them boys at Mazda stick it to ya when you're not lookin

PEPSP5 said:
Thanks
I did my own service with spark plug change, inspect hoses & belts, transmission flush, oil change. Got new tires also although I still need to get the coolant flush done sometime this month. I don't expect to have a dealer service it until about 55K when I'll have the timing belt replaced.

SciFiMan said:
I did my own service with spark plug change, inspect hoses & belts, transmission flush, oil change. Got new tires also although I still need to get the coolant flush done sometime this month. I don't expect to have a dealer service it until about 55K when I'll have the timing belt replaced.
(uhm) hmmmm....timing belt change at 55k? is that reccomended, or are you just being safe? I didnt think any cars timing belt had to be replaced untill at least 100k miles......I dhave to get my timing belt replaced every two years if thats the case....yikes

Back