front passenger door rattle continues...

aoozoom

i've went to different dealers many times to try and fix my front passenger door rattle. the rattle sounds like a ticking noise from the upper right portion of the door with the window up or down.
it goes away if i press hard on the panel.

the dealers first deny it, saying its my water bottle in the glove box, so i took eveything out of the car and made a tape recording of the noise. they finally acknowledged the noise and insulated with foam tape, replaced the door panel, replaced the window regulator and motor...still rattles.

now they won't touch it until they get an ok from the mazda service rep. i'm still waiting for them to call.

can anyone here help me with a solution or ideas, thanks all.

same here

I have the exact same rattle noise ... it gets louder whenever I open up the window, and goes away whenever I press the panel hard enough. Haven't gone back to mazda yet coz' I changed the speakers and I was thinking that might be the cause of the noise. But since you have the same problem I should probably let my dealership take care of it.

Aoozoom, let's keep updating each other for further information.

Thanks a lot.

Disco

my car is still stock, i was gonna upgrade the speakers but i wanted to have the noise taken care of first.

my dealer actully said they are all like that:bs:
so i went and tested drove another car on their lot and it sound fine to me. some damn dealers just want to sell and not service.:mad:

smithers_0990
what "Great Stuff"?

i'll update everyone if i get any resolution

Hey I personally haven't had any problems but I thought that I would throw something out. If it sounds like a metallic ticking perhaps it's the linkage rod for the door lock. I just finished putting my rear door back on and noticed that on my linkage rod, about half way, there was a foam bushing. Perhaps the factory failed to put this bushing on your car. Maybe you can throw this idea at the service people and maybe they can supply you with this bushing. Don't know if this will solve anything but it may be worth a try.

Matt

aoozoom

"Great Stuff" is an expanding foam that fills gaps. A lot of people use it for audio systems to stop rattles. You can get it at just about any hardware store.

Back