Question about a catalytic converter ..

Rush

:
91 MX-5, 13 ILX
And, twenty years later, I'm finally getting my exhaust crap put together.

I'm getting myself a custom cat-back. Already got the muffler. And now I'm looking for a hi-flow catalytic converter. I know I want a Magnaflow -- but my question is, does it matter what style? I know Magnaflow has both the oval style and the round style .. Are there any differences between them, other than the simple shape of the cat? As in, will there be a difference in how much air is getting through, sound, etc?

Thanks for the help, guys. :D

I would stick with an oval, it would be hard to fit a round cat. in between the crossmember. I doubt you would hear or feel any difference.

You still think your cars fast eh?

LOL ..Yeah, well. Maybe I just like telling myself that my car's fast ..

There was another question that I forgot to put in my original post. The oval can come with an air tube -- is that something that I'd want?

Why not just get an Apex DP with a highflow cat? If your gonna go turbo back that would be the best way to do it....

You can just cut the tube and plug the hole.

Ditch all the cats =c)

I just got the Apex 2.5" catless downpipe; the turbo spools damn quick and the throttle response is great.

I think unless you get a random technology high flow cat/Xtremeflow cat it's not worth it from HP point of view. All other "hi flow" cats are still pretty restrictive from what I read when I was looking to buy a hi flow cat. But the stock cat is the most restictive out of the all ofcourse.

Back