Painted brake calipers (blue on Laser Blue)

Astral

Contributor
Just painted my calipers last weekend! Used Dupont Metalcast paint w/ Ground Coat and Blue Anondized paint. This is two base/ground coats and two blue coats. It's a pretty close match, except that the blue on calipers is a little less deep. I wonder whether a third coat of blue would have made them closer, but they look close enough unless you stare.

These pics were taken while it was overcast... I'll post pics in sunlight later. Sorry for the dirty rims! Next pics will have the rims all clean :)

Attachments

• brake-calipers-01.jpg
    brake-calipers-01.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 485
  • brake-calipers-02.jpg
    brake-calipers-02.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 300
  • brake-calipers-03.jpg
    brake-calipers-03.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 303
Looks great. The paint is a pretty close match, just a tad more red is needed... why doesn't dupont meet OUR needs? lol

Hey Astral,

Looks nice. You have to clean those rims though. Sorry that I could not get there saturday for the meet. I don't think I am getting the WRX now. I am a little sad, but you know how much I love my car. Looks like we can race later.......

-R

Protege52003 said:
Hey Astral,

Looks nice. You have to clean those rims though. Sorry that I could not get there saturday for the meet. I don't think I am getting the WRX now. I am a little sad, but you know how much I love my car. Looks like we can race later.......

-R

Ahh darn! :) Nevermind on those phone messages then

i'm thinking of painting mine with some florescent (sp??) yellow paint and installing some UV LED lights around the wheel well to really make it glow. but it might turn out too flashy

Back