is this backwards?

pr5owner

Contributor
:
2001 Mazda Proteg5
ym1IMG_0065037.jpg

from site http://response.jp/

what you asking? the tire? no its not. you read the brand fine but they might have rotated the tires wrong,.

uhh well not the tires but the discs, aren't they all supposed to spiral out? and not in, if i am wrong then my brakes are backwards LOL

pr5owner said:
uhh well not the tires but the discs, aren't they all supposed to spiral out? and not in, if i am wrong then my brakes are backwards LOL
NO, calipers are supposed to be on the other side, closer to the bumper(on the right), not towards to driver side(right now its on the left).. thats what he meant..

thats a different style.. does that make it harder to stop or is it just for the looks...

those are custom brakes, there is no backwards. you could mount them anyway you want as long as you have a custom bracket.

Is that what your getting at or am i missing it here?

the rotor looks good to me. the slotted in the rotor should face in into the caliper. correct me if i am wrong

ym1IMG_0065037.jpg

it doesnt really matter in regard to the external slotting... what actually matters is which way the internal vanes are going

but in either case im sure endless didnt do it backwards (spin)

technically nothing matters as long as the brakes works.. u can have the calipers on the top or bottom, right or left as long as it stops the car everything is fine (yes)

uhh im talking about the rotors, are the spirals supposed to spiral OUT when the car is moving fwd?

it doesn't really matter...i've seen a lot of rotors with the slots going either way. same thing with the cross drilled rotors

doesn't matter what direction the slots in the rotors are pointed. they are there to due two things. shave a thin layer off the brake pads to expose fresh pad material and to help remove ionized gases that develop during braking, which supposively have a hydroplaning effect. Atleast that's what I've read. I'm not an engineer.

h4tor1 said:
the rotor looks good to me. the slotted in the rotor should face in into the caliper. correct me if i am wrong

ym1IMG_0065037.jpg
The slots DO point into the caliper. You have your arrow spinning in the wrond direction. They will be coming around from the bottom left and the part of the slot furthest OUT on the disc will hit the caliper first.

Back