Spring has Sprung.................

sidpro5

Goddamn Electric
:
2001 Dodge Ram 2500 SLT Laramie Quad
.....and so has my P5. Just installed my Pro-kits today!! Loving the look, but haven't had a chance to "drive" it yet. Should I let it settle before whipping it around turns and whatnot? Or should I just enjoy it right off the bat? Also, it seems to sit lower than I thought it would, which is fine by me. About "a finger" on each corner is all that's left of the hideous gap..............I'll try to get some before and after pics up sometime Saturday.

awesome. you might as well let them settle and get a correct 4wheel alignment before really pushing the car, but some safe, quick lil turns is acceptable. gotta enjoy the new springs right?

Hell yeah! It just sucked that when I left my buddy's shop, I sat in traffic for 45 minutes.......So what would you say? Two weeks? A month? Can't wait to run it through the local industrial/auto-x park! lol

A week should be good. Two weeks would be more than safe.

I've heard of people putting in bags of sand or kitty litter or rice or whatever in the car to expedite settling.

NO!! NO RICE HERE!! LOL j/k. I'll just take my time and drive it. Damn, it looks SO much better..........

JProtege said:
congrats on the springs

i wait until the day i can be in your shoes . . .
Thanks, J! If nothing else, the looks are well worth it. Then factor in the increased handling feel and ride stability, and I'd say Eibach has a winner in this product. Hopefully I'll get my calipers painted Sunday and post some pics. Well, I'll post some anyway.............

I'll be doing mine red. I think it'll set off the silver/black of the car very nicely.

yea red is good. you got pics of your car as it is now? of course i'll want to see pics of it afterwards as well.

Nah, no pics yet. Between the bad weather and the holiday I just never got around to it.

Pics..............before and after.....

Attachments

• DSCF0020.JPG
    DSCF0020.JPG
    332.7 KB · Views: 59
  • DSCF0093.JPG
    DSCF0093.JPG
    229.9 KB · Views: 72
[thread jack]
Question: how long should you wait after installation before the springs have settled and you can get an alingment?
[/thread jack]

never Ender said:
Cool! (cool)

Hey what kind of valve cover is that? MSP? MP3?
Thanks for the kind words! The valve cover is stock, but the engine cover is from an mp3 with DGMotorsports brackets. Unfortunately, I don't think you can get the brackets separately.

Pretzellogic said:
[thread jack]
Question: how long should you wait after installation before the springs have settled and you can get an alingment?
[/thread jack]
From what I've heard, about two weeks is the guideline, depending on how much you drive. Mine have been on one week, so I'll wait and see. However, if I let it go and my tires wear prematurely, it gives me a good reason to get new (better) ones! lol

sidpro5 said:
From what I've heard, about two weeks is the guideline, depending on how much you drive. Mine have been on one week, so I'll wait and see. However, if I let it go and my tires wear prematurely, it gives me a good reason to get new (better) ones! lol
Heh. Perhaps you could happen to "forget" to do the alingment? Just say you were having too much fun:
"DARN! Now I have to get new tired. Shucks golly, I'm so forgetful..."

Pretzellogic said:
Heh. Perhaps you could happen to "forget" to do the alingment? Just say you were having too much fun:
"DARN! Now I have to get new tired. Shucks golly, I'm so forgetful..."
That's the plan, Stan! lol

Back