wiring question...Fog switch.

Ok, I got some Pilot 362 fogs for the speed.

Now, the switch for this thing is ugly. Has two buttons. one for the angel eyes ( which I will never use), and the other for the fogs on/off.

Now, I have a stock fog switch. New, not put in yet ( how you do that? haven't tried that yet either)

Here's what I am hoping to do. Hide, the ugly switch somewhere, where I can still reach it if need be, BUT, it's out of site. Probably in that slot on the left of the steering wheel below the stock fog switch. Then I want to use the stock fog switch to power on/off the fogs.

How? Well, the 362 lights have a wire that comes out of the main control box. IT's an optional wire for your handbrake. Pull the handbrake up, lights go out. It's called a switched power wire.

I'm wondering, if there is an easy way I can hook that wire ( just one red, and one black ground wire for it) into the stock fog switch to do what I want. Kind of a kill switch really. I'm guessing the main pilot switch would need to be left on....which leads to my one and only worry.

When the car is off, is anything draining the battery. That'll be easy enough to figure out though.

Wire the black to ground and the red to the 12V accesory wire. You can use the turbo timer install in the stickies to find the 12V acc at the steering column, or you can run some extra wire and hook up to the cig lighter's 12V (which is acces.) I think that's how you'd do it, anywho! And if you want it to be switched for just the fogs, pull apart their switch case and run those wires to your switch. Reverse engineering and all!

Back