on my way to a perfect MSP - my list

computerGeek

Banned
:
Your Mom
Ive been reading this site almost everyday since i joined and doing nothing but research and chiming in every once in a while and here is a list that i have to complete in the next year. After this set up is done i will start racing.

if you all can please help me with websites and prices where i do not know and any suggested parts i have missed or am forgetting. I will not drag it will be AutoX.

Auto Meter 2 1/16 Ultra Lite - changed after looking at pillar color
A/F - oil pressure - water temp = $148 www.jegs.com
Apillar 3 pod = $60 www.jegs.com
-have Boost guage - overpaid!

JoeP MBC = $50 www.joepmbc.com
Greddy S BOV = $200 Local retailer
Custom FMIC kit = $650-750 (by me)

Ground Control Adj. Coilovers = $370 www.apexr1.com
2.5 Down Pipe w/ high-flow cat = $400 www.apexr1.com

Custom Exhuast = $350 Local muffler shop and www.speedunlimited.com
Act Clutch = $350 www.propartsusa.com

CORK SPORT/KVR Brake Rotors = $265 front $260 rear www.corksport.com
hi performance brake pads = $109 front $89 rear www.carbotecheng.com

Front engine mount AWR = ?????

All this minus and boost guage and engine mount cost:
$3,280-ish -> not including labor if needed (most likely for clutch)

What i need help on is which sway bars and do i need all for autoX. upper and lower front and back? I am keeping the rims and will replace the tires when needed with most likely yokohamas. I like yokos!

anyway feel free to chime in!

Last edited:
1. I would go with the Autometer Ultra Lite gauges as they match almost exactly. At least mine does.
2. You might have a problem getting a Joe P MBC as he is off the board.
3. What class in auto-x are you planning on running with all that?
4. I would hold out for better coilovers (JIC or Tein)
5. Most of this is already in the sticky at the top of the page.

well i read the sticky like 20 times - thanks. no info on rotors though.
I wanted the white face! I don't know i just like them and it doesn't look bad. plus they are cheaper!

As for what class i have no idea as of yet. but pretty much what ever they will let me in! All i know is i have always wanted to race like kids wanted to be astronauts or fireman.

Why is jo gone? if so what else should i be looking at that is comparable. I have read so much some of it tends to blur. I want little spiking but not the expense of a EBC.

As of today, the only 'performance' brake pads definitely available in the front and rear MSP fitment are Carbotech:

http://www.carbotecheng.com

This is a fairly new development and people are just now starting to use them (with good results for autox using the Bobcat compound). EBC may or may not have the correct fitments (front listed as special order), and it looks like Hawk will eventually make pads for our cars.

Not sure about rotors. I think iON was offering slotted and/or drilled in the OEM fitment, but you'd have to check with them.

Peace...(hippy)

You can still get Joe's MBC off his website since it is not a MSP specific part.

Sweet keep it coming.

Whats the rotor line that starts like - progressive, power line, damn i can't remember. Don't they make rotors for us. Grr i read it earlier and can't find it now!!!

computerGeek said:
Sweet keep it coming.

Whats the rotor line that starts like - progressive, power line, damn i can't remember. Don't they make rotors for us. Grr i read it earlier and can't find it now!!!

Powerslot?

no i am not making it to the meet, still stock and i have to leave for CA for a week on the 22nd. so that s to much travel for me!!! next time i will most likely. especially when we get this damn FMIC kit done.

Just make sure your oil pressure/water temp gauges are electric (I don't know much about those specific gauges). You don't want that stuff in the cabin. Otherwise you have a pretty nice list (cool)

even if your stock you should come and see what and how everyone else is doing their ods. ome to see the dos and do nots man

Basically Joe left because of the bad experiance he had with dickhead MSP owners bad attitudes.
You can still get his MBC from his site, or www.boostcontroller.com
MSP specific parts like FPR and FCD he will make if you ask him nicely.

Is it me or did the corksport rotor's price go up?!?! $260 each? :( Over 1000 bucks for rotors. Ouch.(sad2)

im hoping that is for the pair 260 for 2
and yes electic guages!!!!

I really wish i could make it but it is just to close for me. I have to save all my money for my travels to CA for my bro's wedding :(

I really wish i could go... if only it wasn't in NJ!

And thanks/sorry for the update on Joe. Thats a real bummer!

Hehe well, I hope you aren't planning on being too competitive in autox. With those mods you'll be put into Street Mod, meaning you'll go up against the turbo miatas and highly modified wrxs (we're talking 300whp). Have fun! hehe.

~brian

Back