Need help! Catz H4 dual HID kit installed... 2 bulbs produced different color!!!

phantom

:( (dunno) (dunno)

now.... after paying for $450.00 for the used set of Catz H4 4500K dual beam, I finally got it installed. everything goes well except the two bulbs now produced different color ! :mad:

the passenger side is purplish and the drivers' side is yellowish. plus, when I saw all the pics you guys posted with the same kit installed on the MSP, I don't think my kit is as bright as the one you guys have....

so now I have no idea if it's the bulb failure or the ballst or wires or whatsoever....

I tried to re-aim the headlights but of course it won't help with the brightness and the color difference of the two bulbs.

Has anyone came through this? I need to know how should I go about to fix this crap. I am so dissapointed esp I thought I've got the best kit in the market.

please help. thanks.

swap the bulbs and see if other one still shows different color, if so then it maybe the bulb and if not need to check ballasts.

only it is too hard to take out the bulb on the passenger side coz the windshield washer bottle is in the way, I tried so hard to put the bulb in.... now I need to take it out again..... maybe I'll tried that then.

btw, did your bulbs produce a yellowish hue or purplish hue when you look close (about 1 feet away)?

Bijou-MP5 said:
swap the bulbs and see if other one still shows different color, if so then it maybe the bulb and if not need to check ballasts.

phantom said:
only it is too hard to take out the bulb on the passenger side coz the windshield washer bottle is in the way, I tried so hard to put the bulb in.... now I need to take it out again..... maybe I'll tried that then.

btw, did your bulbs produce a yellowish hue or purplish hue when you look close (about 1 feet away)?
color itself is not perfectly white. for me it seems like my driver's side is light yellowish but, if I see from the light away from the car, it seems fine.
do not touch the bulbs!!!
if you want to do it safely, why don't u remove your front bumper? that way you have easy access to it.

I really don't know if that's normal. when I look at it about 1 feet away, the drivers' side is yellowish, while the passenger side is purplish. It DOES look a bit of difference.

the pics attached can't tell, but when comparing the passenger side (left) to the drivers side (right), the right side is less bright and it have that yellow tone to it..

anyone have more ideas???

Bijou-MP5 said:
color itself is not perfectly white. for me it seems like my driver's side is light yellowish but, if I see from the light away from the car, it seems fine.
do not touch the bulbs!!!
if you want to do it safely, why don't u remove your front bumper? that way you have easy access to it.

Attachments

• 100_0513.JPG
    100_0513.JPG
    150.6 KB · Views: 251
  • 100_0514.JPG
    100_0514.JPG
    263.4 KB · Views: 234
  • 100_0515.JPG
    100_0515.JPG
    229.1 KB · Views: 241
  • 100_0512.JPG
    100_0512.JPG
    192.9 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:
hm...I can't really tell it from pics.
you really need to test them by swapping bulbs.

something tells me thier not aimed the same try lowerin the pass side and see what you get.

Back