Defi/autometer gauges

P5 Rally

k.............I'm stuck on trying to decide on what gauges to get. I need to know what gauges more closely resemble the stock gauges of a P5. I have DaveB gauges rings installed so I would like something with brushed edges. I hear member say that either or of the gauges mentioned above will match, but I need to see for myself.

Help me out and post pics of your gauges either during the day or at night!!
I think either Defi D-gauges or autometer ultra-lite are the ones that match our gauges. I also plan on getting the automete gauge pod since it covers the entire pillar giving the car a stock look which is what I'm after!!

thanx

autometer ultra-lite gauges with red light. they have the red needle, like stock gauges, light silvery faces like the 02.5 and up proteges have and chrome rings

http://www.mazda3online.com/index.php?cPath=54_73

this is what i use in my car and love it. we sell the full autometer line as well as VDO and nordskog gauges among others.

I would go with Steart Warner for sure! That is what I'm getting. I got to tour the factory and they had side by side comparisons between auto meter ultra lights and the SW silver faced and the SW just looked so much better if you can believe that. check them out at www.sw-performance.com

Defi has some nice guages, but they are expencive like whoa, and kind of a trend. I did think about their HID though....

I still think that the Greddy gauges look the best out of all the gauges I've ever seen.

If I had to decide between Autometer and Defi, it would defininitely be Defi. I have the Defi D-Series Boost Gauge (Black face), and it is off the hook! You want some good pictures, do a search for JDM Sam who has links to pictures of them installed in his car. He is also a Defi authorized dealer (Who I got mine from).

I have the Defi D-gauges (white face, amber lighting and red needle) although it doesn't match 100% it's pretty close and I like it...

Attachments

• Gauges 1.jpg
    Gauges 1.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 251
If cost is your concern go with Crappy Meter, I mean Autometer. If you want style, go for Defi. If you want a good mixture of the 2 while still matching your stock guages, go for GReddy.

Personally, I will be going with Speedhut gauges. Right now they only have a tach and oil pressure but their new line of specialty gauges will be coming out this spring and they will be 100% customizable. From needle colour to bezel colour. You name it they will make it and at a reasonable price. Check their site http://www.speedhut.com and you could already design your own oil pressure gauge.

Back