Tein coilovers vs. ground control coilovers?

:
Mazda, Mazdaspeed Protege, Orange
Are they both good? Which one handles better? Im asking cause ground control is so much cheaper but i don't want to buy a crappy suspension. I autox so give me some input.
(dance)

Tein is, hands-down, the better product quality wise! Unfortunately, as in most cases, you get what you pay for - Tein being the more expesive of the two. :)

Nonetheless, the Ground Control is not a bad product and a more cost effective solution.

Cheers.

you can't do that... your comparing apples and oranges. the gc is a coilover sleeve type and the tein is a full coilover setup. obviously, the full setup will win hands down over the sleeve type. with the sleeve type setup you get a spring, adjusting nuts and that threaded sleeve. with the full coilovers, you get a whole new assembly complete with damper, spring and adjustments for both height and damper stiffness.

I was looking at the gc's for awhile, since the teins are out of my price range, but I elected to just get some goldlines instead, be ordering them on monday

I have owned both, and I wouldn't buy the GC's. now that I have the Teins its just night and day for me

guys tein is coming out with a basic full coil over kit which should be around $750-850, i'll call on monday and see if it is out yet

I will throw in there though that Ground Control coil overs seem to be matched pretty well to the stock MSP tokico struts. The OEM springs were too soft and it would cause alot of dampening crash on bad roads. I'd say my car handles those crashes much better now, even 2" dropped with the ground controls.

The Tein SS are a great setup though... even I'm thinking about them. I might have to get them revalved though for racing.

Back