Aux Input, On Its Way

everybody..do not trust the Auxmod people. they are very unreliable and I am suspecting untrustworthy. I broke my auxmod during installation and emailed asking if I could send them it for repairs. Eric Hochwald of auxmod replied saying I could. so I sent it out. few days later, he said he received it and it would be ready in about a week. It has been over a month and despite COUNTLESS emails I have not heard a word. I have emailed the co-owner of the business as well and no response.

so be very wary of these unprofessional assholes.

^ Mike, did you ever get your AuxMod back?

I still haven't installed the GLI, but I definitely need to - that hum is obvious, and, I've even had a passenger ask me about the sound once while driving (embarrassing).

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

This might be as close as I can get...

I contacted the seller on eBay about this mountable input plate tonight. Below is my question to them. As you can see, I basically copy/pasted exactly the same concern I mentioned here. lol I'll let you know what they say when I hear back.

Dear integration_solutions,

I'm very interested in this product as it is the best option I've seen so far for a stock-looking install.
My question, though, is how does this mountable aux input plate stay affixed? It looks like the entire mount/plate could be easily pulled out of the drilled hole through which it is run (when removing a 3.5mm male cord from the input, for example) if there's nothing to brace it to the surface on the other side. Is there a fastener or clamp that secures it on the other side that is not visible in the pictures posted?
- Marc G.​

^ awesome! I'm out of school for a few months (one summer class at the end of the summer) so yeah, I need to get this project wrapped up. I've just been letting it be all ghetto coming out of the e-brake handle hole...

I'll be interested to hear what they say, I bet they say to glue it, no thanks...

I'll be interested to hear what they say, I bet they say to glue it, no thanks...

BINGO!!!

I forgot to post back here after I got their response. They messaged back on the 31st.

A: Marc

Thanks for writing us, yes I think it could prolly
be pulled out. I usually use glue to hold it in
place. Not much, just a little to make sure it
looks nice and flush, and stays that way.

--Bryan

- integration_solutions​

Sure . . . that sounds professional . . . (gah)

So, I've got the GROM Ipod setup on the P5, but I'd like to also be able to hook up my Droid to play Pandora in the car. With the hookup in the 6, I was able to put in a splitter cable and run both the Ipod and an additional Aux in, but the GROM in this car is more like a computer cable. Is there any way to add an Aux with the Grom, or do I need to get a new adapter altogether?

I'm also considering just getting a new headunit. Any problem getting the stock sub to work with an aftermarket HU?

So, it's been a year since I installed the AuxMod . . .

Earlier this week the lights in my head unit stopped turning off with the car. They'd stay on when the lights were off, keys removed, and car locked. Then, about two days later the lights just completely died in the head unit. The display still lights up, and the Disc In indicator light still works, but the back-lighting behind the buttons is gone.

I'm not sure if the bulbs burned out cus they were staying on indefinitely, if I burned a fuse, or, if as P-Funk! suggested,

Probably smoked a circuit card inside (not repairable).

Cruise the FS section for another stockie or just put a new aftermarket one in...

If he's right, I'm wondering if it was preventable, and, if it was caused by the AuxMod . . .
Just food for thought.

Whatever the reason, my head unit still works fine - it's just dark, so, I'll probably just leave it as is.
Buying a replacement costs money . . .
I've had the car for 8 years. I know where the buttons are by now. I'll live.

Back