Aux Input, On Its Way

1sty

Contributor
:
2006 Toyota Tundra DC
UPDATE!!!

Yes, they EXIST!!!

PIE has an alpine CD changer adapter avialble for the protege head units and you can get an RCA adapter that then plugs into that unit, giving you an aux input. The only problem is that you will loose the function of the CD player until the car is powered off and then back on. You can also take out and put the cd back in.

http://www.logjamelectronics.com/piemazpcalp.html

There is a direct Ipod controler adapter too that can be used. It coverts the I-pod to an alpine CD changer stlye input that then connects to the PIE Mazda to alpine adapter. This is the Icelink Plus:
http://www.densionusa.com/x/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=407&Itemid=109

Neo Ion has something yet to be verified:
http://mp3yourcar.com/default.asp

Last edited:
Aux Input adapter for 3?

Anyone know of any news on an adapter to use the Tape/MD input on the Factory HU in the 3?

1st MP3 in NH said:
Props to ipod pr5 for finding this one. Blitz is developing an aux input for the 3rd gen protege headunit.
So anyone looking to connect an ipod, MP3 player, or other device to the factory unit will soon be in luck

http://www.stevedarnley.com/mazda_mp3.html

I've sent emails to each of the companies listed on the site mentioned above. If anyone's interested, I suggest emailing them your requests. If they see enough interest, they might just make one for us.

The possibility of an adapter is the only thing holding me back from purchasing a new HU....unless someone else has found a way??? (dunno) (not FM trasmitter/modulator)

-Erik

I just got an email back from blitzsafe. It's not much, but it seems like they're working on something.

My email:

Do you have any plans on making an Auxiliary Input Adapter for a Mazda Protege5 ?

I know quite a few people that would buy one if you made them.

Thanks,

Erik

chris@blitzsafe.com wrote:
<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2800.1170" name=GENERATOR><STYLE></STYLE>We might in a few weeks,

Thanks,
Christian Rodriguez
BlitzSafe Technical Support
techsupport@blitzsafe.com
201-569-5000 800-597-SAFE
Fax: 201-569-5042

More requests to Blitzsafe

I've just sent an e-mail to Blitzsafe asking about the Aux adapter that is rumored to be in the works. I'll post their reply if/when they send one. (whip)

I just got an email back from PIE.net. Here's what they had to say:

We are currently developing a Mazda line of products. Check our website at PIE.NET for updates.

Thank you for contacting PIE

Still waiting...

-EvB

Here's the response I got from pac audio:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 ?><TBODY><TR><TD><XMETA content="text/html; charset=us-ascii" http-equiv="Content-Type"><XMETA content="Microsoft Word 11 (filtered medium)" name="Generator"><STYLE>#message v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}#message o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}#message w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}#message .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}</STYLE><STYLE><!-- #message /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Tahoma; panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;} #message /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, #message li.MsoNormal, #message div.MsoNormal {margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";}#message a:link, #message span.MsoHyperlink {color:blue; text-decoration:underline;}#message a:visited, #message span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {color:blue; text-decoration:underline;}#message p {mso-margin-top-alt:auto; margin-right:0in; mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto; margin-left:0in; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";}#message span.EmailStyle18 {mso-style-type:personal-reply; font-family:Arial; color:navy;}#message @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in;}#message div.Section1 {page:Section1;}--></STYLE><XBODY lang=EN-US vlink="blue" link="blue">I forwarded your e-mail to our engineering department for evaluation.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

Thanks,
Robert Wilson
Vice President of Sales
Pacific Accessory Corporation
(714) 835-3022

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
This thread doesn't look too busy...is anyone else interested? Is anyone else emailing these companies?

-EvB

Response from BlitzSafe

Here is what BlitzSafe had to say on 4/12/2004:

Should be available in a few weeks.

Thanks,
Christian Rodriguez

erikvonb said:
Here's the response I got from pac audio:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 ?><TBODY><TR><TD><XMETA http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=us-ascii"><XMETA content="Microsoft Word 11 (filtered medium)" name="Generator"><STYLE>#message v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}#message o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}#message w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}#message .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}</STYLE><STYLE><!-- #message /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Tahoma; panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;} #message /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, #message li.MsoNormal, #message div.MsoNormal {margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";}#message a:link, #message span.MsoHyperlink {color:blue; text-decoration:underline;}#message a:visited, #message span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {color:blue; text-decoration:underline;}#message p {mso-margin-top-alt:auto; margin-right:0in; mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto; margin-left:0in; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";}#message span.EmailStyle18 {mso-style-type:personal-reply; font-family:Arial; color:navy;}#message @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in;}#message div.Section1 {page:Section1;}--></STYLE><XBODY lang=EN-US link="blue" vlink="blue">I forwarded your e-mail to our engineering department for evaluation.ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>

Thanks,
Robert Wilson
Vice President of Sales
Pacific Accessory Corporation
(714) 835-3022

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
This thread doesn't look too busy...is anyone else interested? Is anyone else emailing these companies?

-EvB
I'm interested in this for sure...least I could get my laptop to play some music this way. Otherwise, I was planning on getting the cassette module and running the laptop through that (UGH!)

oh btw First, that link's dead....hopefully it's just temporary, since it seems that it worked for everyone else just a few days ago

Here's the response when I sent another email asking if there was any news on the release of the Auxiliary Input Adapter for the Mazda Protege5?:

In about a month.

Thanks,
Christian Rodriguez

----- Original Message -----

To: blitzsafe@blitzsafe.com
Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2004 11:29 AM
Subject: Auxiliary Input Adapter

Any news on the release of the Auxiliary Input Adapter for the Mazda Protege5?

Thanks,

Erik

who to email?

can you put a list of emails that your are sending to so, that we all can send messages to the same people.

More research...

apparently blitzsafe has been promising about a month since october.

check out this section from thier own forums:
---------------------------------------------
"In this ever-changing, chaotic world, it's nice to see that some things never change. I posted questions about this alleged iPod adapter back on December 11, 2003. At the time, Blitzsafe was posting non-committal, general responses to all questions: especially those regarding the release date of this product. I've watched the estimated release date go from "the late fall 2003"...to "around Christmas"...to "sometime in February 2004"...and now to an indefinite release date based on Chris' post from March 1, 2004 that states:

"probrably be at least a few months before anything is released".

I believed then, and continue to believe now that Blitzsafe is full of crap
"
---------------------------------------------------
that is at this link: http://www.blitzsafe.com/blitz_foru...D=106&ReturnPage=&PagePosition=1&ThreadPage=9

but I found something more interesting based on that thread..

http://densionusa.com/merchant/merc...duct_Code=f_Mazda_2002&Category_Code=IA_Mazda

that would seem to do the trick. and the icelink stuff appears to control and power the aux unit if it is an Ipod as well..

Blitzsafe has been promising a iPod controller for a month since last fall. All I've been seeking is a auxiliary input adapter. Chris from Blitzsafe says that they are on their way and should be available in about two weeks now. But I think what is key here is that there are two seperate products.

Well, I'm getting tired of waiting. Unless i get a definite answer soon on the ETA, I'm gonna go out and buy one of those JVC HU's with the 3.5mm jack in the front.

Latest posts

Back